When recording a song with multiple meters (3/4 with 4/4 or 6/8, etc.), all the measures with the desired meters must be first created before the note data is recorded.
1. From Song mode, press the [JOB] button.
2. Press the [F4] ‘MEAS’ button.
3. Select ’01:Create Measure’.
4. Press the [ENTER] button.
5. Choose the desired meter.
6. Choose the location for the new meter to begin.
7. Choose the number of measures for the new meter to continue.
8. Once the desired measures and meters have been created, press the [REC] button to begin recording note data.
Reference, Owner’s Manual, p. 201