To change the size of the virtual memory paging file:
1. Open System in Control Panel.
2. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
3. In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Virtual memory, click Change.
5. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
6. Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, and type a new paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set. If you decrease the size of either the initial or maximum page file settings, you must restart your computer to see the effects of those changes. Increases typically do not require a restart.