DirectLink for the Axiom (2nd
gen) keyboards is built into Pro Tools starting at versions 8.0.4, 9, and above. No additional driver or software installation is required.*
* Note: An updated DirectLink control surface personality file is availbale for Pro Tools 8.0.5. These fixes are already included in the latest versions of Pro Tools 9 and 10. Pro Tools 8.0.5 users should click here to download this update.
To manually check for Pro Tools Software updates:
- Ensure that your internet connection is functioning properly.
- Launch Pro Tools.
- Choose Help > Check For Updates, and a progress dialog appears.
- Depending on whether or not any updates are available, do one of the following:
• If no updates are available, click OK.
– or –
• If updates are available, do one of the following:
• Click Details to launch your web browser
and see what updates are available for
• Click Not Now if you do not want to review
or download updates until later.
Note: This applies to the 2nd gen Axiom Series keyboards, not the original Axiom Series Keyboards.
DirectLink Configuration for Pro Tools:
- Launch Pro Tools
- Select “Peripherals” from the Setup menu
- Select the “MIDI Controllers” tab from the window that appears
- Click the first “Type” drop-down menu and select “M-Audio Keyboard”
- Choose the “Axiom DirectLink” as both the “Send To” and “Receive From”MIDIport
- Select “8” as the number of channels
- Click “OK” to close the window
- Your Axiom (2nd gen) keyboard will be in DirectLink mode and ready to control Pro Tools.
Whenever Pro Tools is launched, DirectLink will activate automatically and map Axiom Controls. For further information on using DirectLink to control Pro Tools with your Axiom (2nd gen) keyboard, please refer to the DirectLink for Pro Tools User Guide.
Installing Axiom Instrument Maps
Download the Axiom Instrument Maps from our drivers/updages page; they can be installed as described below.
- Locate and open the downloaded zip file, to access the Axiom Instrument Map (.pim) file.
- Open a Pro Tools session if you have not already done so.
- If needed, load an instance of the AIR instrument into an instrument track. This instrument must correspond to the downloaded file.
- Open the instrument window, and click on the Map menu in the upper right corner.
- Choose “Import Plug-In Map From File…”
- Locate and select the .pim file for the open AIR instrument.
Windows – Click the OK button to confirm your selection.
Mac OS X – Click the Open button to confirm your selection.
- If you want Axiom controls to always map according to the Axiom Instrument Map whenever the instrument is loaded into a track, choose “Set As Default” from the Map menu.