Note: If you experience blank pages during this process, try a different web browser.
Follow these steps if you are having trouble activating and installing Pro Tools 11. Before you do anything, make sure you have an iLok 2 (iLok is a USB dongle that stores your software authorizations). Pro Tools 11 is not compatible with iLok1. Do not attempt to install the software until you have done all the steps below.
1. The first thing you will want to do is remove any previous version of Pro Tools you may have via the instructions found in the Installation Guide for that version.
2. Next you will want to download the latest drivers for any hardware you will be using. You can do this by visiting the manufacturer’s website for any hardware you have and searching for the latest drivers.
3. The next thing you want to do, if you have not already, is create your Avid Account. You can do so at by clicking here.
4. Next, if you have not done so already, create an iLok account.
5. Once your Avid and iLok accounts are created, log into your Avid account. On the Main Page, click on Activate & Download Your Product.
6. Enter the activation code that you received when you purchased Pro Tools (either on a card or through your Avid account) and click Download Now.
7. Next you will need to enter your iLok ID. Please note that the iLok ID is NOT printed on the iLok key.
8. After you enter your iLok ID, click continue. You will be asked to enter your personal information. This is required for the registration process. After you complete this section, the installers will be available in your Avid Account in the Your Products section. If you’re stuck, check out the video below:
9. You are now ready to install Pro Tools. If you bought a hard copy, insert the DVD into your computer. If you bought an electronic copy, you can download the installer from your Avid account as stated above.
10. Before launching Pro Tools for the first time, need to register your iLok to your account and then transfer your license to your iLok. Log into your iLok account and download the iLok License Manager Client. You can use this to register your iLok and download the license to your iLok. See the videos below:
Now that you’ve successfully installed Pro Tools, you can go back to the Downloads section in your Avid account and download the AIR Creative Collection.
Note: To ensure all the components of your Pro Tools system communicate properly with each other, start them in the following order:
Alternatively, you can follow this link to Avid’s website for an interactive walkthrough of the activation process.