Roland's Powerhouse V-Studio Recorder!
The VS-2480CD is Roland's most popular V-Studio ever. It's a completely self-contained digital recording workstation with 24-track/24-bit digital recording and 64-channel automated mixing, built-in effects and onboard CD burning. This revolutionary workstation also boasts motorized faders, comprehensive mouse-based control, and connections for an optional ASCII keyboard and an external VGA monitor, making it as fast and intuitive to use as a computer-based system - with the advantages of a rock-solid system designed expressly for audio production.Roland VS-2480CD at a Glance:
- Record, mix and master all in the box!
- Graphic editing and mixing, including waveform editing
- Built-in phrase sequencer
- Plenty of hard disk storage space
- Built-in CD burner
Record, mix and master all in the box!
The VS-2480 offers 24-track playback, 24-bit/96kHz recording, 384 Virtual Tracks and more. You can record up to 16 tracks at once using a wide range of inputs, including 8 XLR and 16 balanced TRS inputs. Its two built-in stereo 24-bit effects processors provide everything from COSM Mic, Speaker and Guitar Amp Modeling to a Mastering Tool Kit - and the VS-2480CD is expandable to eight stereo or 16 mono effects with optional VS8F-2 Effects Expansion Boards.
Graphic editing and mixing, including waveform editing
The VS-2480CD includes VS-2480 Version 2.0 software pre-installed. Version 2.0 can turn an external VGA monitor (sold separately) into the center of the VS-2480CD universe. It adds full on-screen mouse control of the VS-2480's 64-channel digital mixer, including the ability to set up EQ and dynamics processing curves or route signals by simply dragging the mouse. Version 2.0 also introduces full drag-and-drop track editing to the VS-2480CD - including waveform-based editing - making it as easy to work with audio on the VS-2480CD as it is on a computer-based DAW.
Built-in phrase sequencer
Use the VS-2480CD's built-in Phrase Sequencer with real-time playback to trigger or "fly-in" vocals in realtime, or quickly sequence drum grooves. Thanks to Roland's high-quality R-BUS connectors, up to 16 channels of additional analog or digital I/O can be added. The VS-2480CD plays well with others, too: it has SMPTE and Word Clock inputs.
Plenty of hard disk storage space
The VS-2480CD includes a roomy 80GB internal hard drive, offering more recording space than any other workstation on the market. You can easily record an entire album and then some on the VS-2480CD without having to worry about running out of disk space.
Built-in CD burner
The VS-2480CD's built-in slimline drive makes it easier than ever to back up data and burn music CDs. In addition to importing WAV files, the VS-2480's CD Capture function lets you import audio directly from CD - even grabbing particular parts of an individual CD track.
- Built-in CD-RW drive
- 80GB hard drive
- 24-track playback; 16-track simultaneous recording with 384 V-Tracks
- "Drag-and-drop" control using included mouse
- 64-channel, fully automated digital mixer with 17 motorized faders
- Professional-quality connections including 8 XLR/16 balanced TRS inputs
- 2 stereo effects processors (expandable to 8 stereo, 16 mono)
- COSM Mic, Speaker and Guitar Amp Modeling
- Mastering Tool Kit
- 24-voice Phrase Pads for triggering and arranging samples
- Dual R-BUS ports for expandable I/O in a variety of analog and digital formats
- SMPTE and Word Clock input
- VGA Video Output for intuitive, software-style editing with mouse