This Pocket Synth Sounds Like a Modular Monster from the '70s!
Korg's monotron DUO analog synthesizer is part of Korg's immensely popular mono-line of pint-sized analog synths - they sound huge yet fit in your pocket. The no-frills design gives you two voltage-controlled oscillators (hence the name DUO) and the same voltage-controller filter circuit from the revered Korg MS10 and MS20 synths. You get the thick, syrupy sound only possible with an analog circuit with the Korg monotron DUO.
The real secret weapon in the monotron DUO's sound-shaping arsenal is the X-MOD circuit (cross modulation) with intensity control. X-MOD lets you modulate the first oscillator with the signal from the second oscillator, creating new harmonics and overtones. The result? Metallic screeches, glistening bells, and robotic warbles are all just a knob twist away, and wouldn't be possible with a single-oscillator synth. You also get four modes to help you play the ribbon controller just the way you like: major scale, minor scale, chromatic, and no scale. Factor in the portability provided by battery operation, and you've got an incredible synth powerhouse in the Korg monotron DUO analog synthesizer!Korg monotron DUO Features:
- The distinct sound of analog synthesis in a portable unit that's easy and fun to operate
- Dual oscillators for rich sound creation
- Analog filter circuit from the Korg MS10 and MS20 synths - sounds warm and gooey, just like an analog filter should!
- X-MOD knob gives you cross modulation capability for complex sound generation
- Auxiliary input for filtering external audio signals
- Built-in speaker for fun on the go
- Headphone output lets you play silently or send your performance to a recorder