Massive MIDI Control and Dance Creation Software Bundle!
The Korg microKONTROL is the ultimate portable MIDI keyboard controller, providing every function and type of control you need for computer-based music production or performance.Korg microKONTROL MIDI Studio Controller at a Glance:
- Compact keyboard plus encoders, sliders and trigger pads for ultimate MIDI control
- Fully assignable MIDI functions and LCD displays for control sources
- Easy front panel operation
- Ideal for portable use or as a DAW controller
- Now bundled with 3 software products ideally suited for dance music creation and performance!
A compact MIDI keyboard controller with extras!
With a compact and sophisticated-looking design, the microKONTROL includes a three-octave keyboard (37 velocity-sensitive mini keys). The keyboard offers eight different velocity curves - you can select the response that works best for your playing. In addition, the microKONTROL has eight rotary encoders and eight sliders and sixteen trigger pads that you can use to control your favorite soft synths, percussion sounds, DAW, or other musical tools.
Fully assignable MIDI controllers with LCD displays
The compact surface of the microKONTROL provides an amazing 35 different MIDI controllers, all completely assignable. Eight rotary encoders and eight sliders, sixteen pads, a joystick with switch, and support for pedals make the microKONTROL the ultimate controller for direct and intuitive operation. The eight encoders and sliders can be assigned to transmit any MIDI control change (including NRPN and RPN messages) to control volume, panning, or anything else. Each encoder and slider also has an LCD sub display that indicates the parameter and the transmitted value, with the backlight color changing between orange and green to distinguish between the encoder and slider. Since you won't have to watch your computer screen while you operate the controllers, your fingers will be linked to your music in a more physical way. The microKONTROL's LCDs can display either decimal or hexadecimal MIDI values.
The microKONTROL also has sixteen trigger pads that can be assigned with an unprecedented degree of freedom. These pads can be used to trigger notes with full velocity sensitivity, or assigned to transmit MIDI control changes to operate the transport of your recording software, or act as any type of switch.
In addition to controlling pitch bend and modulation, the joystick can be freely assigned to transmit different MIDI messages in all four directions to control your connected device or computer application.
Easily make control assignments from the front panel
Making control assignments on the microKONTROL is extremely easy - just hold down a mode key, press the "SETTING" mode key, press your desired type of controller, and use the controller and the "CURSOR" buttons to specify the parameters. Internal memory contains twelve preset scenes that support popular DAW and sequencer software. The settings that assign the controllers to various control functions for computer-based software synthesizers or DAW programs can be saved as one of twelve scenes in internal user memory. You can use the trigger pads to switch scenes instantly. An included CD-ROM contains driver/librarian software and templates for popular application support.
MIDI IN/OUT ports, and support for bus power
The microKONTROL provides MIDI IN/OUT ports, and can also be used as a USB-MIDI interface. You can use MIDI clock data to control the tempo, or transmit MIDI messages directly. The microKONTROL can also be powered via its USB connection, making the AC power supply adaptor or even batteries unnecessary when connected to a computer via USB.
The ideal compact controller on the road or at your computer!
Thanks to its compact design, the microKONTROL is the perfect choice for making music on the go. Weighing less than six pounds and measuring only 20.63" wide x 9.13"deep x 2.76"high, the microKONTROL will fit into the tightest performance space. And as part of a computer music system, the microKONTROL can fit easily on - or under - the most crowded desktop!
- Live 4 Korg Edition - a lite, yet surprisingly powerful version of the cutting-edge Ableton "Live 4" loop-based audio/MIDI sequence software.
- SampleTank 2 Korg Edition - a special version of IK Multimedia's standard-setting "rompler" plug-in software "SampleTank 2 Free", which comes with over 150 MB of custom sounds.
- MDE-X - the full version of KORG Legacy Collection's multi-effect plug-in software - 19 great-sounding effects.
Live 4 Korg Edition
Live 4 Korg Edition is a special lite edition of the latest version 4 of Ableton Live. It enables you to trigger and play back audio and MIDI loops and phrases to build songs intuitively in real time. It automatically adjusts the tempo of loops and phrases to the song's tempo. It also contains audio and MIDI recording functions as well as a host of editing functions. In audio and MIDI tracks you can use 13 built-in audio effects, 2 included virtual instruments (a sampler and a drum machine), plus VST/AudioUnits plug-in effects (like the included MDE-X) and instruments (like the included SampleTank2). Use the microKONTROL to physically control parameters of these virtual devices, mixer and transport controls, tap tempo and much more.
- Session View helps you to build patterns and songs in real time by linking audio and MIDI loops/phrases.
- Auto-Jamming function automatically generates sequences from the loops and phrases in Session View.
- Tempo/groove/timing adjustment and audio recording are always available.
- Tap tempo function and automatic tempo adjustment function.
- DJ-style crossfading between tracks.
- Up to 5 scenes can be made in Session View.
- 2 channel audio in/out.
- Up to 8 tracks (6 audio tracks + 2 MIDI tracks) 1 send/return track.
- A host of MIDI editing functions, plus SMF importing Virtual sampler "Simpler" Virtual drum machine "Impulse" (multiple drum kits contained).
- 1 VST/AudioUnits plug-in instrument per track can be used.
- 5 MIDI effects (Chord, Pitch, Random, Scale, and Velocity) - Up to 3 effects can be used simultaneously.
- Up to 4 Clip Envelopes can be used to modulate pitch, timing, volume and effect parameters of the individual notes in a sample.
- Audio effect assignment via drag & drop operation.
- 13 audio effects (Auto-filter, Chorus, Compressor, EQ four, Erosion, Filter Delay, Gate, Grain Delay, Ping Pong Delay, Redux, Reverb, Simple Delay, and Vinyl Distortion).
- Up to 3 effects can be used simultaneously.
- 1 VST/AudioUnits plug-in effect per track can be used.
- Audio file export, bouncing, resampling functions (up to 16bit)
- Real time control of loop/phrase, mixer, transport, virtual device parameters by the microKONTROL.
- Tutorial project "Starter Sets" containing approx. 50MB sampling data.
- English /German/French/Spanish/Japanese PDF manuals included.
- Upgradeable to Live 4 full version.
(*Live 4 Korg Edition does not contain the following functions of the Live 4 full version: Editing in Arranger View, MIDI output to external devices, MIDI sync, and ReWire support.)
SampleTank 2 Korg Edition
SampleTank 2 Korg Edition is a free version of the 16-part multitimbral sampler plug-in software from IK Multimedia specially customized to be controlled by the microKONTROL. This special version comes with over 150MB of highquality sounds. SampleTank 2 Korg Edition is a VST/ AudioUnits plugin which can be used as a virtual instrument in Live 4 Korg Edition's MIDI tracks. It has a variety of sound editing tools including 3 types of powerful synth engines and 32 types of built-in effects. Loop sounds can be easily synchronized with Live 4 Korg Edition's tempo with a press of a button. You can use the microKONTROL for realtime control over various synth parameters as well as the selection/loading of sound libraries.
- 16 part multitimbral virtual sampler with layerable parts.
- 38 sounds included (over 150MB!): Bass - Analog Bass, Finger Bass, Old Four Strings mkII, Syntech Bass 2p; Brass - Alto Sax; Drums - Hip Hop Kit, I Map Donlite Kit, LiveRoom Kit, D'n'B Loops 160 bpm, R&B Loops
- 90 bpm; Ethnic - Exotic Sun Iipac, KOTO, Shakuhachi; Guitar - Electro Strato lite, Entangled, SR Guitar SuperStack, SR Stacked, RotaryGuitar, Wicked Waveshaper GTR2pac, Wonderful Acoustic; Organ - B-3 Organ, B5 Rotary Organ 2pac; Percussion - Dyna Congas; Piano - 73 Epiano, Get SonicSynth! PianoSTR, HQ Free Piano mkII; Strings - Movie Strings, Solo Violin, Strings-y pad; Synth - Flutterbies lite, L.A. Dreams 2pac, NewRabbit Lead, Satellites, SynFlugel Lead, Tech Monster Lead MW 2p; Vocals - Choir Ohs, Oh Baby, ooh choir 2 pac, Soprano Ahh.
- 32 built-in effects, up to 5 can be used as an insert in each part: EQ/Comp, Reverb, Spring Reverb, Ambience, Reverb Delay, Delay, Filter, Envelope Filter, Multi Filter, Wah-Wah, Chorus, Multi Chorus, Phaser, AM Modulation, FM Modulation, Flanger, Envelope Flanger, Auto Pan, Tremolo, Rotary Speaker, Lo-Fi, Distortion, Phonograph, Crusher, Overdrive, Pre Amp, Tone Control, Cabinet, Parametric EQ, Channel Strip, Compressor, Limiter, Slicer.
- 3 types of synth engines including resampling, innovative pitch shift/time stretch, newly developed STRETCH (SampleTank Time REsynthesys TeCHnology).
- Loop sync function synchronizes loop sounds to the tempo of the host sequence software.
- ZONE control lets you set sound parameters for each key.
- Real-time control of synth parameters and sound library selection by microKONTROL.
- English and Japanese PDF manuals included.
(*SampleTank 2 Korg Edition does not include the following functions of SampleTank 2 full version: adding extra sound libraries, importing of various audio files, simultaneous use of multiple units, and saving user presets.)
MDE-X is the same 19 effect plug-in software collection contained in he acclaimed KORG Legacy Collection. MDE-X is VST/AudioUnits compliant and can be used as audio effects in Live 4 Korg Edition's audio/MIDI tracks and send/return tracks. 19 effects are provided; some derived from the TRITON Music Workstation series. With low CPU usage, 128 immediately useful effect programs can be used for sound making to mixing/remixing within Live 4 Korg Edition.
- 19 effects: DynaCompressor, Compressor, Multi Band Limiter, Mastering Limiter, OverDrive/Hi.Gain+Wah, 4 Band EQ, Exciter/Enhancer, Talking Modulator, Decimator, Flanger, Phaser, Polysix Ensemble, MultiTap Chorus/Delay, Stereo/Cross Delay, LCR BPM Delay, Reverb Hall, Reverb Smooth Hall, Reverb Wet Plate, Reverb Dry Plate.
- 128 effect programs.
- Dynamic modulation function.
- Stereo input/output.
- English and Japanese PDF manuals included.
- 37-key mini-keyboard with velocity-sensitive keys
- 4-way Joystick with switch
- 16 Pads can transmit velocity or fixed value
- 8 rotary encoders with LCD sub displays
- 8 sliders with LCD sub displays
- 8-character main display with 3 segment backlit LCD
- Tempo LED
- User Memory with 12 preloaded templates
- DC 9 volt power (AC adapter), AA batteries (6) or USB bus power
- MIDI IN, OUT, THRU
- Footswitch Pedal
- Included CD-ROM with microKONTROL Librarian software, template sheet, drivers and name sheet
- Optional DS-1H Damper Pedal and PS-1 Pedal Switch