Killer EQ Plus Mid-side Processing!
Leave it to Brainworx to pack both a fully parametric equalizer and powerful mid-side stereo processing into a single amazing plug-in. It's called bx_hybrid, and it's one of the coolest, most versatile equalizer plug-ins you're likely to come across, particularly at this price point. For starters, it features the full Brainworx mid-side stereo matrix, which lets you EQ your center (mono) sound separately from the stereo field if you like. Add to that five fully parametric EQ bands per channel and a ton of extra tone-shaping controls, and you're ready to tackle any sound source.
Brainworx bx_hybrid Parametric Equalizer Plug-in at a Glance:
- Fully parametric control lets you completely define your sound
- Unique XY joystick controls make serious tone tweaking easy
- Advanced mid-side processing provides awesome stereo control
In an industry dominated by semi-parametric and quasi-parametric equalizers, it's refreshing to run into a fully parametric EQ like the bx_hybrid, which offers you truly powerful tone tweaking capabilities. For starters, each of the bx_hybrid's five equalizer bands offers you independent gain, frequency, and bandwidth (Q) controls, allowing you to make both broad-strokes tone changes and precision cuts and boosts. Add to that both highpass and lowpass filters with variable-width notch settings, plus all of the other frequency-shaping goodies in bx_hybrid, and you end up with all the tone control you could ask for.Unique XY joystick controls make serious tone tweaking easy
Check out those cool XY joysticks at either end of each of the bx_hybrid's channels. Originally intended to be mapped to stereo panners in the center control section of an Avid ICON control surface (all of the bx_hybrid's controls correspond with this hardware layout), these joysticks let you control bx_hybrid's Bass Shift and Presence Shift controls. Essentially, these controls shift the focus from one frequency range to another, allowing you to quickly re-contour your bass or upper mids. Next time you need to bring out the thump in a bass drum or the body of an acoustic guitar, you'll be blown away with the results you'll get from these unique joystick controls.Advanced mid-side processing provides awesome stereo control
If there's one thing that Brainworx really excels at, it's mid-side stereo processing, and the bx_hybrid equalizer plug-in certainly reflects this. In fact, bx_hybrid includes the same essential M-S processing matrix you'll find on nearly all of the Brainworx plug-ins here at Sweetwater. So, in addition to being able to adjust the stereo signal EQ independently of the mono signal, this parametric equalizer lets you adjust the stereo width of your mix. What's more, the Mono Maker function lets you sum frequencies below an adjustable cutoff point to mono, keeping your bass tight and giving your stereo sound room to breathe.Brainworx bx_hybrid Parametric Equalizer Plug-in Features:
- A powerful parametric equalizer with mono, stereo, and mid-side stereo functionality
- 5 main frequency bands (per channel) offer independent gain, frequency, and Q controls
- Channel highpass and lowpass filters also offer variable-width notch filter modes for precise frequency targeting
- Bass Shift and Presence Shift joysticks let you quickly reshape your tone
- mid-side stereo processing lets you EQ your mono (center) and stereo (everything but the center) signals separately
- Adjust the stereo width in mid-side mode and sum low-frequencies to mono for adde clarity with the Mono Maker function
- Compatible with AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, AudioSuite, RTAS, VST2, and VST3 plug-in hosts on your Mac or Windows PC