A Mighty Mini Mixer!
We've seen and tested plenty of small-format mixers but few can match the quality and features of the TAPCO Blend 6. The compact Blend 6 is a great-sounding six-channel mixer with genuine Mackie-designed mic preamps and robust construction. Its sound quality lives up to the Mackie heritage of low noise and transparency.TAPCO by Mackie Blend 6 Mixer at a Glance:
- Compact mixer with plenty of input options
- Outputs can feed main plus monitor signals
- Rugged design to withstand constant use
Compact mixer with plenty of input options
Despite its small size the Blend 6 is loaded with I/O. It has two mono mic/line channels with input gain controls and level-set LEDs. The balanced XLR mic inputs have switchable phantom power, and the 1/4" TRS instrument input jacks accept balanced or unbalanced line-level signals. In addition, the Blend 6 has two stereo line-input channels, accepting balanced or unbalanced line-level input signals. All the channels have high and low EQ controls, one monitor aux send (pre-fader), one effects aux send (post-fader), a pan control (balance control on the stereo channels), and a rotary level control. Channel EQs on the Blend 6 are comprised of a 12kHz high-frequency shelving EQ, and an 80Hz low-frequency shelving EQ.
Outputs can feed main plus monitor signals
The Blend 6's Aux Return to Mains knob controls how much of the effects signal to add to the main mix. The Aux Return to Monitors knob lets you add effects to the stage monitor mix independent of the effects levels added to the main mix. The outputs on the Blend 6 include TRS balanced/unbalanced main outputs, control room outputs, and aux sends, RCA tape outputs, and a TRS stereo headphones output. The control room output can be switched between the main stereo bus or the stereo tape input. The "Tape to Main" switch can also route the tape input to the main stereo bus. The Blend 6 includes 8-segment LED meters to indicate the signal level at the control room/phones outputs.
Rugged design to withstand constant use
The Blend 6 is designed for rugged, 24-hours-a-day use. Its sturdy construction houses durable double-sided SMT-plated fiberglass circuit boards. Impact-resistant knobs are mounted so they "ride" just above the steel chassis, absorbing impact to minimize damage. It's great for continuous operation in any sound reinforcement and mixing application. With these features and practical routing capabilities, the Blend 6 offers versatility plus the peace of mind that comes from owning a Mackie-designed mixer!
- Mackie-inspired design
- Two high-headroom mic preamps
- Two mono mic/line, two stereo line channels
- Pre-fader aux (monitor) send
- Post-fader aux (effects) send
- Effects-to-main control
- Effects-to-monitor control
- Level set gain-setting indicator LEDs
- 2-band EQ, Pan (mono channels) and Balance (stereo channels) controls on all channels
- Headphone output with level control
- Control room output with level control
- 8-segment stereo LED metering
- CD/Tape stereo inputs with Tape to Mix switch and Tape to Control Room switch
- Master 48-volt phantom power switch with LED indicator
- Power LED indicator