Add Some Character to Your Tracks!
The SSL VHD Input Module combines some classic SSL heritage with a generous helping of cutting edge circuit design to deliver a devilishly warm and dirty alternative to the pure X-Rack Mic Amp Module. The VHD Input Module is based on the input section of the popular SSL E-Signature Channel 1U rack processor. The VHD Input module combines five key elements; a high bandwidth mic amp stage that can handle mic, instrument or line inputs, SSL's innovative Variable Harmonic Drive circuit, an additional line input/ trim control section, a set of High and Low Pass Filters and the classic Listen Mic Compressor.
Solid State Logic X-Rack VHD Input Module at a Glance:
- Unique Variable Harmonic Drive circuit for overdriven sounds
- X-Rack makes an outstanding DAW front end
SSL's unique VHD system is a 100% analogue circuit that adds a variable blend of 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion to your signal. At relatively low input gain settings 'VHD' preamps deliver ultra-clean recordings. Increase the input gain and adjust the VHD control and the user can inject his source recordings with anything from '50s valve-style overdrive through to hard-edged '70s transistor-style grit or any blend of the two.
X-Rack makes an outstanding DAW front end
When loaded with Mic Input, VHD Input, EQ and Dynamics Modules, X-Rack can now be configured as an exceptionally high quality and extremely versatile recording and processing system to serve as the perfect front end with the capacity to add analogue shimmer to potentially cold DAW recordings.
- Electronically balanced ultra-high-bandwidth mic input with +20dB to +70dB gain control and phantom power
- hi-Z and pad switches on mic amp input
- Dedicated additional XLR line input
- Variable Harmonic Drive circuit; adds controllable blend of 2nd or 3rd Harmonic distortion
- Dedicated trim control after the VHD stage
- Classic listen mic compressor with fixed attack and release curves, ideal for drums
- High- and lowpass filters