Use Wave Plug-ins Live!
Now you can enjoy the world-class quality of Waves plug-ins outside the studio! Use the WSG-Y16 system along with your Yamaha mixing console and laptop to create the ultimate live sound signal-processing chain. Here's how it works. The WSG-Y16 includes a soundcard for Yamaha mixing consoles plus SoundGrid technology for your control PC. With this system and an authorized iLok, your Yamaha console can process up to 16 channels of audio with Waves plug-ins. Just route a channel from your console to the WSG-Y16 channel, process the channel with Waves plug-ins on the SoundGrid server, and send it back. And since the WSG-Y16 card has a MIDI input, you can even control the plug-in directly from the console or your favorite external control surface.
Since the Waves WSG-Y16 system takes advantage of the latest Ethernet and CPU technologies, you get superb performance with extremely low latency — the processing happens even faster than it does with most dedicated DSP-based platforms! Finally, the live sound realm can connect with the quality that studios have come to expect. And artists can enjoy the same sound they created in the studio when they take their act to the big stage. Get ready for the next evolution in the relationship between live and studio: Waves WSG-Y16.Waves WSG-Y16 Mini-YGDAI SoundGrid I/O for Yamaha Consoles Features at a Glance:
- Sound card system enables Yamaha consoles to use Waves plug-in processing
- Includes a mini-YGDAI SoundGrid I/O card for Yamaha mixing consoles
- Requires a Control PC and an authorized iLok with SoundGrid-compatible Waves plug-ins
- Provides a low-latency platform for running Waves plug-ins
- Uses standard, off-the-shelf components: computers, switches, servers, Ethernet cables, etc.
- Supports 16-channel processing at 44.1/48kHz, 8 channels at 88.2/96kHz
- For 32-channel processing, install 2 cards
- Supports MIDI control directly from the console
- Redundancy and recovery support via SoundGrid
- Connects with other SoundGrid-enabled audio equipment