A Portable Keyboard with a Ton of Features!
Casio's WK-3800 portable musical keyboard has 400 DSP programmed Advanced Tones like Stereo Piano and Tremolo Electric Piano. Also, the WK-3800 features 50 drawbar organ tones. These powerful instruments combine with an onboard sequencer and a mixer for unmatched creative possibilities, plus powerful built-in speakers to take your performance to the next level. The WK-3800 is ideal for home/project studio use, open-mic performance, education/classroom applications, or simply for pure musical enjoyment.Casio WK-3800 Portable Keyboard at a Glance:
- 400 Rich Advanced Tones plus Effects
- 166 Preset Rhythms + 16 User Rhythms
- Auto Accompaniment
- Big, Information-packed Display
- General MIDI Compatibility
- Flash Memory
Rich Advanced Tones and Effects
A total of 400 Advanced Tones are programmed with DSP tones to make them richer and more powerful. Advanced tones like Stereo Piano and Tremolo Electric Piano enhance the Piano and Electric Piano tones to create a totally new sound. The WK-3800 includes 50 realistic drawbar organ tones that can be controlled using nine digital drawbars. You can also select percussion or key click, and even edit the parameters of preset tone and save up to 100 original tones in user tone memory. Edit built-in sounds to produce your own original creations. Up to 120 of your own sounds can be stored in memory for recall, just like the built-in tones. A collection of powerful effects, such as DSP, reverb, chorus, and more, give you total control over the type of sound you want. You can change the parameters of an effect to create your own, original effects. A 4-band equalizer is also included.
166 Preset Rhythms + 16 User Rhythms
The WK-3800 includes a selection of 166 rhythms with accompaniments for everything from rock to pop and jazz. You can also transfer accompaniment data from your computer and store up to 16 of them as user rhythms in keyboard memory. With the WK-3800's song memory, you can record up to six parts along with their tone, volume, pan position, and other parameters for later playback.
Simply play a chord and the corresponding rhythm, and the WK-3800 plays bass and chord parts automatically. One-touch Preset instantly recalls the most suitable tone and tempo settings to match the rhythm you are using.
Big, Information-packed Display
A big built-in display shows chord names, tempo setting, keyboard information, staff notation of notes played and more for full support of all your keyboard play. A built-in backlight keeps the display easy to read, even in total darkness.
General MIDI Compatibility
The General MIDI tones of this keyboard let you connect to a personal computer to enjoy "desktop music" capabilities. This keyboard can be used as a desktop music input device or sound source, and it's just the thing for playback of commercially available pre-recorded General MIDI music software.
The WK-3800's built-in Flash memory lets you expand your selection of tones and rhythms by downloading data from the Casio music website, or by the CD-ROM that comes bundled with the keyboard. You can also store up to 200 SMF format music files for playback.
- Keyboard: 76 keys with touch response (OFF/1/2/3)
- Tones: 400 Advanced Tones + 200 Preset Tones + 20 Drum Sets + 100 standard user tones + 20 user tones with waves*1 + 4 user drum sets with waves*1 + 50 drawbar organ tones + 100 user drawbar organ tones (894 tones total); layer/split
- Polyphony: 32 notes maximum (10 for certain tones)
- Drawbar Organ Function: Drawbars: 9 (16', 5 1/3', 8', 4', 2 2/3', 2', 1 3/5', 1 1/3', 1')
- Percussion: Second, Third
- Click: On, Off
- Effects: DSP (200 types: internal, 100 user areas) + Reverb (16 types) + Chorus (16 types) + Equalizer (10 types, 4 bands)
- Auto Accompaniment
- Rhythm Patterns: 182 (internal, 16 user areas*1)
- Tempo: Variable (226 steps)
- Chords: 3 fingering methods (CASIO CHORD, FINGERED, FULL RANGE CHORD)
- Rhythm Controller: START/STOP, INTRO, NORMAL/FILL-IN, VARIATION/FILL-IN 1 and 2, SYNCHRO/FILL-IN NEXT
- One-touch Presets: Recalls settings for tone, tempo, layer on/off, and harmonize on/off in accordance with rhythm
- Auto Harmonize: 10 types: Automatic addition of notes that harmonize with melody note in accordance with specified Auto Accompaniment chords
- Song Memory: 5 songs
- Recording Tracks: 6 (2 through 6 are melody tracks)
- Recording Methods: Real-time, step
- Memory Capacity: Approximately 10,000 notes (total for 5 songs)
- Registration Memory Number of Setups: 32 (4 setups x 8 banks)
- MIDI: 16 multi-timbre receive, GM Level 1 standard
- Flash memory storage for up to 200 files
- Supported SD Memory Cards: 1GB or less (Cards with capacity greater than 1 GB are not supported)
- Function: Save and load of user tones, user songs, and registration data; playback of SMF; card formatting; file delete; file rename
- USB port
- Sustain/Assignable Terminal: Standard jack (sustain, sostenuto, soft, rhythm start/stop)
- Headphone/Output Terminal: Stereo standard jack
- Dual power supply system: 6 D-size batteries or AC Adaptor
- Auto Power Off
- Speaker Output: 6.1W + 6.1W
- 48 3/16" x 16 11/16" x 6 5/16"