TC Studio-Quality Vocal Effects Onstage!
When you're in the studio you use great tools to get the best out of your vocal performance. You spend time auditioning mic preamps, reverbs, EQs, delays and effects to get a recording just right. With the new TC-Helicon VoiceLive you can now have all your vocal tools in one dedicated box for live performance! With VoiceLive you get the same quality processing you'd expect in a studio environment: EQ, compression, delay and reverb algorithms with the renowned TC-Quality that professionals have come to expect. VoiceLive also contains the best harmony, pitch correction and doubling algorithms from TC-Helicon's acclaimed rack mounted vocal processor, VoiceWorks.TC-Helicon VoiceLive at a Glance:
- Easy control of vocal processing at your feet
- Natural sounding harmonies
- Realistic, transparent pitch correction
- Rugged, road-ready construction
Vocal processing control at your feet!
TC-Helicon worked with numerous performing vocal artists during the design of VoiceLive. Using the feedback from these artists and TC-Helicon's experience in vocal processing, VoiceLive was designed for easy control in any setup.
Eight footswitches and four selectable control modes make VoiceLive easy to use in performance. Preset Mode gives you fast hands-free access to harmony parameters like key and scale type. Song Mode lets you select from stored songs and navigate through their steps. Direct Mode gives direct access to VoiceLive's stored presets - it's as easy as selecting stations on your car radio! Finally, Voices Mode lets you individually toggle each harmony voice on/off using the top four footswitch buttons.
A user footswitch is assignable to Tap Tempo (for the delay effect), Harmony Hold, and to many other useful VoiceLive parameters. Get more creative control by adding an expression pedal to your VoiceLive to sweep through assignable modifiers.
The most natural sounding harmonies
Creating realistic background vocals is easy with VoiceLive. Four unique harmony logic algorithms add harmonies with varying amounts of intelligence. The VoiceLive generates harmony parts from your lead voice - or if you're looking for even more punch from your harmonies, let a second singer use VoiceLive to create a multi-voice back-up ensemble.
VoiceLive uses the same revolutionary technologies to generate real-time harmonies as the TC-Helicon rack-mount harmony product, VoiceWorks. Each of the four harmony voices uses TC-Helicon's Hybrid Shifting algorithm. This superior pitch-shifting algorithm is combined with a voice-trained pitch-detection algorithm and human-modeled naturalization parameters so the VoiceLive can create natural harmonies to reinforce your live performances.
Transparent Pitch Correction
Driven by TC-Helicon's voice-trained pitch-detection algorithm, VoiceLive's automatic pitch correction is the most transparent available. With factory and custom scales, the "Correct" block can fix intonation problems in any musical style. Amount, Attack and a 200-cent window control make natural pitch correction easy to achieve.
In addition to the studio quality signal path, TC-Helicon developed and implemented VOS Limiter - an optical limiter optimized for voice. The analog architecture of the VOS Limiter ensures that you'll never distort the mic input while maintaining premium sound quality.
Built for the road
To ensure the integrity of your vocal performance, VoiceLive is assembled with rugged components. The bottom plate is constructed using a powder-coated steel-plate with anti-skid rubber matting. The buttons and data knobs are recessed and reinforced by double aluminium construction. Rear mounted die-cast steel handles protect your cables and make it easy to carry. You don't need to be gentle with VoiceLive!
- Studio-quality mic preamp (Burr Brown INA163 based) with VOSTM Limiter and 48V phantom power
- Vocal Processing technology based on VoiceWorks
- The most natural sounding vocal harmony available using proprietary TC-Helicon technology
- HybridShift harmony generation for smooth, natural harmony voices
- Humanization of harmony voices utilizing: FlexTime, Human-Modeled Vibrato, Inflection, Pitch randomization, Portamento and gender
- Four harmony control modes for intelligent voicing and/or MIDI control
- Selectable Equal-tempered and Just tuning for harmonies
- HarmonyHold freezes harmony voices for more interesting harmony phrasing.
- Automatic pitch correction using factory and custom scales
- Lead voice doubling
- TC Electronic 3-band EQ, low cut and compressor/gate
- TC Electronic reverb & tap-tempo delay
- Eight smooth-travel footswitches
- Five edit knobs for hands-on preset editing
- Expression pedal input
- MIDI control over all parameters
- MIC pass thru to post mixing by Front of House engineer
- AUX input to reverb/delay
- 24-bit harmony processing
- Balanced XLR mic and 1/4" TRS line inputs
- S/PDIF digital I/O