An Overdrive Pedal Built for Tone Tweakers!
You can't swing a boutique stompbox around Sweetwater without hitting a serious tone-tweaking guitarist, which is why many of us were extremely excited to check out this creation from our friends at Truetone: the VS-XO premium dual overdrive pedal. The VS-XO is a whole lot more than your ordinary (or even extraordinary) overdrive pedal - it's like adding a pair of independent preamps to your rig. Each of the VS-XO's footswitchable channels provides you with plenty of drive, tone control, and even discrete I/O that you can arrange and stack however you like. If you're looking for a new way to get amazing guitar tone, the VS-XO is it!
Truetone VS-XO Premium Dual Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal at a Glance:
- Two independent drive channels, infinite tonal combinations
- Flexible I/O design provides easy integration with your rig
- High-tech circuitry that's sure to excite any tone purist
In many ways, adding a VS-XO to your rig is like picking up two stellar Truetone overdrive stompboxes. Both the left and the right channels offer separate drive, tone, and volume controls, making it easy to dial in two totally different sounds, such as a crunch tone and a lead tone to go with your amp's clean sound.
The VS-XO's right channel offers a bit more emphasis on the mids, providing you with extra presence without getting honky. A 3-way clipping switch and a 3-way bass switch let you further define your sound, and a clean mix knob lets you go overboard with the overdrive, without losing your transients entirely. The left channel keeps it simple, offering a highly effective bass control. Best of all, you can activate both channels at once (in any order you like), creating a massive stack of cascading distortion for the ultimate fat overdrive tone.Flexible I/O design provides easy integration with your rig
Independent drive channels aren't the only flexible thing about the VS-XO's configuration. You separate inputs and outputs let you literally use each of the VS-XO's channels independently or add additional effects between them. Of course, if you don't want to patch them separately, you can just put the whole VS-XO in your signal path like any other pedal, but it's nice to know that the extra flexibility is there, in case you want to integrate it with a switching system or other gear.High-tech circuitry that's sure to excite any tone purist
The VS-XO is a true bypass pedal by design, but a Truetone design isn't necessarily like other pedals. In this case, the switching mechanism is based on gold-plated relays and circuitry designed by RG Keen to keep it extra quiet. But sometimes buffering is better, which is why Truetone outfitted the VS-XO overdrive pedal with a Pure Tone buffer that you can set either channel to switch on or off if you like. No matter how you set it up, you'll be amazed by how little noise the VS-XO dual overdrive adds to your sound.Truetone VS-XO Premium Dual Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal Features:
- The perfect overdrive pedal for serious tone tweakers and live performers
- Two independent channels let you dial in separate tones/gain stages and stack them in any order you like
- Drive, Tone, and Volume controls for each channel give you tons of control over your basic overdrive tone
- Focused midrange with 3-way tone control, 3-way diode clipping style switch, and clean blend control provide extra options over the right channel's sound
- Bass knob allows you to beef up the sound of the left channel
- Independent I/O for either channel lets you loop in other effects or integrate both channels separately into your pedal switching system
- Gold-plated relays and special circuitry designed by RG Keen keep all switching silent
- True-bypass switching keeps your signal pure, but you set either channel to enable or disable a Pure Tone buffer if you want