Vienna Instruments in an Affordable Collection!
NOTE: This product requires a Vienna Key (not included) to operate. Contact your Sweetwater Sales Engineer if you have questions.
Add incredibly realistic string arrangements to your compositions, with the Vienna Symphonic Library Special Edition Vol. 3. This is the perfect collection to expand your library beyond the traditional fare, with a focus on "con sordino" (muted) recordings of Vienna's Solo Strings and Chamber Strings in addition to Vienna's acclaimed Appassionata Strings. Take advantage of a wide range of single-note articulations including staccato, detache, sustained, sforzato, tremolo, and pizzicato. You get world-class string instruments, plus the detailed articulations you need to create realistic compositions, with the Vienna Symphonic Library Special Edition Vol. 3!Vienna Symphonic Library Special Edition Vol. 3 Orchestra Library at a Glance:
Performance Detection for creating realistic parts
The Vienna Symphonic Library team not only recorded single notes for all instruments and ensembles, but also comprehensively captured what happened in between the notes, where the real nuances of a live performance occur. When you play a Legato Performance Patch of a solo violin, algorithms that are built into the Patch check for the intervals you're playing and automatically provide you with the proper note transitions - just as a gifted musician would play them. Other built-in algorithms detect your playing speed to trigger the right articulations, or automatically detect repeated notes, and alternate samples so the orchestration doesn't sound mechanical.
Imagine you're working on an instrument in a song and you're loading various playing techniques for this instrument - say the ensemble violins. For every playing technique, several octaves of chromatically sampled notes are now living in RAM, even though you actually need only a small percentage of them to perform your violin passages. To make the best use of your resources, Vienna implemented a "Learn" button that you can click when you're finished composing with the instrument. Just start your sequencers, and Vienna Instrument flags each sample that's used. After stopping your sequencer, click "optimize" and Vienna kicks the unused samples out of RAM, retaining an average of only 3% of the samples that you originally loaded for the performance.Supreme-quality samples and amazing ease of use
Vienna Symphonic Library is known for their painstaking, golden-eared approach to recording the superb-sounding samples that comprise their highly regarded library. It's the jaw-dropping sonic quality and the broad selection of virtual instruments that makes Vienna Symphonic Library instruments staples in top studios worldwide, but it's the company's cool software innovations and ease-of-use that'll have you singing their praises next time you're composing to a tight deadline!VSL Special Edition Vol. 3 Includes:
- Appassionata violins (20 players) - normal and "con sordino"
- Appassionata violas (14 players) - normal and "con sordino"
- Appassionata cellos (12 players) - normal and "con sordino"
- Appassionata double basses (10 players) - normal and "con sordino"
- Solo violin - "con sordino"
- Solo viola - "con sordino"
- Solo cello - "con sordino"
- Solo double bass - "con sordino"
- Violin chamber ensemble (6 players) - "con sordino"
- Viola chamber ensemble (4 players) - "con sordino"
- Cello chamber ensemble (3 players) - "con sordino"
- Double bass chamber ensemble (2 players) - "con sordino"
- Harp 2
- World-class collection of solo and ensemble strings, with normal and "con sordino" recordings
- Performance Detection senses how you're playing and selects the most appropriate articulations and samples
- RAM optimization only loads required samples into your computer's RAM to conserve resources
- Amazing sound quality, recorded in the custom-built Silent Stage recording facility