Line-array Cabinets from Industry-leader JBL!
While intended for smaller venues than the VerTec series, the VRX928LA Constant Curvature Line Array is designed and built to the same high standards and uses the same advanced, concert-proven drivers. The VRX928LA delivers extraordinary power handling, clarity, flexibility and, of course, stunning JBL sound in an attractive, easy to handle and affordable package. The VRX928LA is a perfect fit for medium-sized venues that don't want to sacrifice sound quality just because they're not as big as other professional facilities. For compact power, it's the VRX928LA.JBL VRX928LA Line Arrays at a Glance:
- Lightweight and built for smaller venues
- Great power handling and sound
- Flexible mounting options
The VRX928LA is a lightweight (28 lb.) compact 8" two-way line array speaker system designed for use in arrays of up to six units. VRX928LA is the ideal choice when line-array performance is needed but the venue size doesn't call for the very long-throw characteristics of larger line-arrays such as JBL's VerTec or VRX932LA. The Constant Curvature waveguide
mounts two compression drivers on a continuous arc. When additional VRX928LA speakers are added to the array the uninterrupted arc continues. In effect, all the drivers work together as if they were a single driver on a very long waveguide.
Since there are two HF drivers in each VRX928LA, the combined power handling and acoustic output of the system is far greater than a single driver could achieve. VRX928LA uses "amplitude shading" to shape the coverage of the array. Switches on the input plate allow, for example, the upper box in an array to reach the distant rear of a room while the lower box is shaded back to reduce excessive level at the front of the listening area.Flexible mounting options
One or two VRX928LAs may also be used on a tripod or over the VRX915S subwoofer. The integral rigging hardware is used to securely lock the array together. As many as six VRX928LA speaker systems may be suspended in a single array for a nominal vertical coverage of up to 90 degrees. Suspended applications require the JBL VRX928LA-SMAF array frame (available separately). For applications in which the array must be aimed sharply down, a second Array Frame may be installed to the bottom of the array serving as a pull-back.JBL VRX928LA Line Arrays Features:
- JBL's exclusive neodymium magnet Differential Drive woofer for high power capacity and lightweight.
- Two patent-pending neodymium HF compression drivers.
- Constant Curvature waveguide for unprecedented array coherence
- Fly combinations of VRX928LA and Subwoofers (VRX915S) with optional array frame (VRX-SMAF)
- Integral rigging hardware for simple connection of enclosures and optional array frame
- Arrays of up to six enclosures may be flown.
- Dual angle pole socket for aiming flexibility. One or two speakers may be mounted to a 35 mm pole or tripod stand.
- Array Configuration Selector permits "array shading" in passive mode
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 70Hz-20kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 87Hz-19kHz
- Coverage Pattern: 100 degree x 15 degree nominal (horizontal x vertical), single unit
- Crossover Modes: Bi-amp / passive, externally switchable
- Crossover Frequency: 2.0kHz
- Power Rating: 400 W / 800 W / 1600 W
- Bi-amp LF: 400 W / 800 W / 1600 W
- Bi-amp HF: 130 W / 60 W / 120 W
- System Maximum SPL2: 122dB SPL peak (passive mode)
- LF: 122dB (bi-amp mode)
- HF: 128dB (bi-amp mode)
- System Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 90dB SPL (passive mode)
- LF: 90dB (bi-amp mode)
- HF: 108dB (bi-amp mode)
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2168H 8 in Differential Drive woofer
- HF Driver: 2 x JBL 2414H 1.0 in neodymium compression driver
- Nominal Impedance: Passive: 8 ohms
- Bi-amp LF: 8 ohms
- Bi-amp HF: 16 ohms
- Enclosure: 15 mm - 25 mm, multi-ply birch plywood
- Suspension/Mounting: Dual 36mm pole socket included. Suspension requires optional VRX-SMAF line array frame kit or M10 eyebolts.
- Transport: Integrated handle with backing cup
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 18 gauge perforated steel with acoustically transparent black foam backing.
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions: 9.0 in x 16.5 in x 10.5 in
- Net Weight: 28 lb