Classic organ tones
You won't find much more traditional sounds than those onboard the VK-8. Roland went to great lengths to re-create the sound a feel of an real, "old-school" organ. The 61-note VK-8 delivers a huge range of classic organ sounds, including the virtual ToneWheel sound of the VK-77 double-decker combo organ. Stunning rotary speaker modeling (thanks to COSM technology) provides an amazing overdrive effect. The waterfall keyboard has velocity-sensitive keys - great for glissandos - and plays just like a "real" organ. Roland didn't stop with the sound; the VK-8 boasts a traditional panel layout, and it's housed in an authentic solid wood cabinet and vintage keys. But then the VK-8 takes a distinctly modern turn, with contemporary features like high-quality instrument sounds such as electric and acoustic pianos, brass, and even synths and "scat" voices. There's also a D-Beam controller and 2 MIDI inputs for connecting a MIDI keyboard or optional PK-7 pedalboard to enjoy full polyphony while playing pedals and keys.
- 61-note single manual combo organ
- Waterfall keyboard with velocity-sensitive keys plays like classic organs-great for glissandos
- Sophisticated rotary speaker modeling with overdrive effect
- Traditional panel layout: 9 harmonic bars, Vibrato/Chorus knob and new Percussion button
- D-Beam controller with Preset templates for more expressive performance
- New orchestral voices for a wider sonic palette (e.g. piano, strings, choir, etc.)
- Onboard reverb and chorus effects
- 2 MIDI inputs for connecting a MIDI keyboard or optional PK-5 pedalboard-enjoy full polyphony while playing pedals and keys!
- Authentic solid wood cabinet and vintage keys