Virtual Solo Cello, Played by a Master
For Solo Cello 2, Vienna Symphonic Library tapped the cello virtuosity of Florian Eggner, one of the first-chair cellists of Vienna's Synchron Stage Orchestra. Mr. Eggner enjoys an international reputation as a soloist and chamber musician, and the Eggner Trio, which includes his two brothers, has performed at top venues across several continents. Recorded in the flawless acoustics of VSL's Silent Stage, this highly-playable virtual instrument gives you an extensive palette of articulations that will bring your orchestrations to life.
First-call musicians, first-class samples
At Sweetwater, we hold the Vienna Symphonic Library in high regard; that's because we're picky about our orchestral samples. It all starts with the musicians. Since VSL's inception, first-call musicians have been providing the sound and character of these instruments as soloists and ensemble leaders. This approach is largely responsible for the impressive sonic authority and authenticity we have come to expect from VSL virtual instruments.
A superior way to orchestrate
The Vienna Instruments series expands on the previous libraries and offers embedded intelligent Performance Algorithms in an easy-to-use plug-in that lets you orchestrate with an inconceivably vast array of samples. For the first time, hundreds of articulations can be combined in one preset and on a single MIDI track. Vienna's proprietary Performance Detection analyzes intervals, repeated notes, patterns, and even speed in real time and automatically summons the appropriate articulation or nuance.
Vienna Symphonic Library Solo Cello 2 Features:
- Definitive solo cello virtual instrument
- Standard Library — contains 14,907 samples
- Download file size: 6.1GB; installed file size: 9.8GB
- Embedded Intelligent Performance Algorithms
- Multiple articulations in each preset
- Legato and Portamento Performances
- Sustains with and without vibrato, and with progressive vibrato
- Medium and strong dynamics (crescendos, diminuendos) of various lengths
- Staccato Repetitions at various speeds
- Trill Performances in 4 intervals (half-tone to major third)
- Pizzicato, sforzato, sforzatissimo, fortepiano, and more
- Includes the free Vienna Instruments Player
- Requires ViennaKey USB eLicenser Key (not included)