Integrate Video into Your Setup
Integrate video into any setup with the V-8 Mixer from Edirol! While the non-linear editing capabilities of computers may have captured the attention of videographers, nightclubs, places of worship, theaters, and other live performances still require the services of a good standalone video mixer - like the V-8. Go to any dance club and you'll see that visuals are now integral to the club experience. Right alongside the DJ you'll see a VJ mixing live video to the beat - and that is what the V-8 is all about.Edirol V-8 at a Glance:
- DV quality video outputs with full digital processing
- Direct input of computer signal
- New video filters and numerous transitions
- Independent faders on each bus as well as master output
- Next-generation V-LINK control enables audio-follow
DV quality video outputs with full digital processing
The internal processing of the V-8 is 4:2:2 full-frame digital. More than 500 lines of video resolution ensure very high image quality after digital processing and mixing.
Direct input of computer signal
The V-8 has a built-in scan converter, providing direct input of RGB signals (VGA - UXGA) from two D-Sub terminals on the rear panel. With the selector switch located on the top panel, you can select between two computer sources. Using the luminance key or chroma key, enables logos or text from your computer to be keyed over background video enabling the display of lyrics, bottom thirds, and announcements. Integrating computer graphics and visual applications with video sources has never been easier.
New video filters and numerous transitions
All your favorite effects like colorize and negative are included, along with newly added effects like feedback, afterimage, emboss, find edge and more. Composite two images with Picture-in-Picture and Luminance or Chroma keying. Customize your transitions between the A and B bus with multiple flavors of simple mix, hard or soft wipes, and the all-new stretch and slide transitions.
Independent faders on each bus as well as master output
Faders are independently equipped for both A/B buses allowing you to create a video fade on just one bus or adjust the various video effects parameters. The master fader control is a slider bar enabling quick and intuitive operation while working on the fly.
Next generation V-LINK control enables audio-follow
The V-8 can be remote controlled from the EDIROL PR series video presenters as well as the V-4. The V-8 can also send remote control signals to the new generation of Roland's digital audio mixer, the RSS M-400 (V-Mixer) . The motorized faders of the M-400 automatically follow the video switching of the V-8. Now you can have your audio sources follow your video sources without the need to manually control two mixers at once.
- Video: NTSC or PAL
- PC-RGB: 640 x 480/120 Hz, 800 x 600/120 Hz, 832 x 624/75 Hz, 1024 x 768/80 Hz, 1152 x 864/80 Hz, 1152 x 870/75 Hz, 1280 x 1024/75 Hz, 1600 x 1200/60 Hz (RGB VH: positive/negative logic)
- Video Sampling Rate: Video: 4:2:2 (Y:B-Y:R-Y), 8-bit, 13.5 MHz
- Frame Synchronizer
- Input: Video (composite): BNC type x 7 (Ch 1 - 7), S-video: 4-pin mini DIN type x 4 (Ch 5 - 8), PC-RGB: D-SUB 15pin Shrink Type x 2 (Ch8: PC1 / PC2)
- Output: Video (composite): BNC type x 2, S-video: 4-pin mini DIN type x 1
- Preview Output: Video (composite): BNC type x 1 (OSD Menu)
- Monitor Output: Video (composite): BNC type x 8 (Ch 1 - 8)
- Remote Control Interfaces: MIDI IN: 5-pin DIN type x 1, MIDI Out/Thru: 5-pin DIN type x 1
- Transition effects (more than 200 types): Mix (Dissolve, Non-Additive Mix , Full-Additive Mix), Wipe (Hard edge wipe, Soft edge wipe), Key, Slide, Stretch, User Transition
- Video Effects: Still, Strobe, Afterimage, Feedback, Shake, Negative, Colorize, Find Edge, Silhouette, Mono Color, Emboss, Posterize, Color Pass, Luminance key, Chroma key, Flip, Multi, Mirror, Picture-in-picture
- Accessories: AC Adapter, Power Cord, BNC to RCA video adapter x 4, mount screw for Video fader x 4, Owner's Manual
- Options: Crossfader: V-4CF