A Great Portable Audio Interface!
The US-122mkII by TASCAM gives you everything you need to start recording, without breaking the bank. It's small, lightweight, and durable — everything you need in a portable interface. The US-122mkII has two 1/4" line inputs for line-level sources, an instrument input for guitars and basses, and two XLR inputs with phantom power, for dynamic or condenser microphones. It also has MIDI input and output, for use with controllers and keyboards. The US-122mkII supports up to two simultaneous inputs, so you can plug in your guitar, sing along, and easily make a demo of your work. And with Cubase LE5 48-track recording software included, you can start laying down tracks right away.
What makes the US-122mkII ultra-portable (aside from its small footprint and rugged aluminum frame) is that it can run off of USB bus power. That means you don't need an AC adapter, so you can record anywhere that you can take a laptop. The US-122mkII is perfect for snagging the stereo mix right off of a live console while your band plays a show or for keeping a record of your rehearsal sessions, even when every outlet in the practice room has an amp plugged into it. And if you're looking for an inexpensive interface that you can cut a demo off of, then you'll love the TASCAM US-122mkII. It records in up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution with remarkable sound quality.TASCAM US-122mkII 2x2 USB 2.0 Audio Interface Features at a Glance:
- Slim, rugged, and lightweight aluminum frame travels well
- 2 XLR microphone inputs with phantom power ready for almost any microphone
- 2 analog line inputs (1 switchable to hi-Z for use with guitars, basses, etc.)
- 1 MIDI input, 1 MIDI output
- USB 2.0 and bus-powered for use with any PC or Mac, including laptops
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz for high quality recordings
- RCA monitor outputs and headphone/level control
- Zero latency hardware monitoring
- Includes Steinberg Cubase LE5 48-track recording software