A Sweet-looking Electric Bass That's Perfect for Travel!
Note: This version of the California Solid-Body U-Bass is fretless.
Need a bass you can take anywhere? Small enough to carry onto a plane (padded gig bag and all), this 5-string fretless Kala California Solid-Body U-Bass is perfect for bassists who are always on the go. Based on the huge success of the Kala's acoustic U-Bass, the California Solid-Body U-Bass gives you a 23.5"-scale convenience in an electric-bass-style instrument. Despite its small format, the California Solid-Body U-Bass delivers the sound of a full-sized bass guitar, with bottom end to spare. That's because of the proprietary polyurethane strings Kala have developed, which allow their small-bodied instruments to produce deeply resonant tones.Powerful electronics give you exceptional tone, plus convenience
But polyurethane strings aren't the only cool thing about the Kala California Solid-Body U-Bass. Driving its output is an LR Baggs U-BASS active preamp system, complete with volume and equalization controls. This US-made instrument also sports custom Hipshot tuners and a self-lubricating Graph Tech Black TUSQ nut, so you'll get reliable performance that lasts for years. That kind of quality makes the Kala California Solid-Body U-Bass not only convenient, but extremely fun to play.
Kala California Solid-Body U-Bass 5-string Fretless Solidbody Bass Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Fretless 5-string model delivers smooth action and extended tonal range
- Select swamp ash body with maple laminate top offers sweet looks and rich tone
- Shape your tone with the active LR Baggs U-BASS preamp system with 2-band EQ
- Get total tuning stability with custom Hipshot tuners
- Graph Tech Black TUSQ self-lubricating nut keeps your action feeling solid
- Proprietary polyurethane strings produce incredible bottom end and woody sound
- Meets all airline carry-on requirements
- Deluxe gig bag with backpack straps included