Extremely Portable Acoustic Bass!
Note: This is the fretless version.
The bass you can travel with! The Kala U-Bass sets a new sonic standard for "travel-sized" instruments. This little puppy is tuned in traditional bass tuning, it's sized to fit into the overhead compartment of an airplane, yet's it's packed with thick, rich acoustic bass tone. Many bass fanatics, in fact, feel that the U-Bass offers tones extremely close to the sound of an upright bass. So, what's the secret behind this portable, affordable bass gem's rich sound? We'd wager it's the gorgeous solid mahogany body, complemented by a solid mahogany neck, a rosewood fingerboard, and a rosewood bridge - these are well-respected, time-proven tonewoods.
Of course, the magic in the U-Bass is also in the details. Kala paid attention to the whole instrument, giving it a reliable set of custom Hipshot tuners plus an amazing-sounding Shadow pickup system for when you want to plug in and play.
Veterans of the electric bass guitar will love the Kala U-Bass's great sound, portability, and jam-ready design. This is also the perfect instrument for anyone accompanying an acoustic guitarist on the open mic or coffeehouse circuit. Throw in the included custom hard-foam case, and the Kala U-Bass is an absolute steal!Kala U-Bass Acoustic-electric Bass Travel Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Acoustic-electric bass travel guitar
- This is the fretless version
- Solid mahogany body and mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard and rosewood bridge
- 20" scale, tuned to traditional EADG
- Strung with proprietary polyurethane strings
- Offers much of the sound of an upright bass
- Extremely portable (meets carry-on standards)
- Features custom hipshot tuners for tuning stability
- Passive Shadow pickup system with 4 individual piezo elements