A Fantastic On-the-go Bass!
Need a bass you can take anywhere? Small enough to carry onto a plane (padded gig bag and all), this 4-string Kala Solid-body U-Bass is perfect for bassists who are always on the go. Based on the huge success of the Kala's acoustic U-Bass, the Solid-body U-Bass gives you the same 21-inch-scale convenience in an electric-bass-style instrument. Despite its small format, the Solid-body U-Bass delivers the sound of a full-sized bass guitar, with bottom end to spare. That's because of the proprietary polyurethane strings Kala have developed, which allow their small-bodied instruments to produce deeply resonant tones.
But polyurethane strings aren't the only cool thing about the Kala Solid-Body U-Bass. Driving its output is a MI SI ALIGN active preamp system, complete with volume and equalization controls. The preamp features a unique, battery-free design. You can charge it in about a minute for up to eight hours of continuous playing time. This US-made instrument also sports custom HIPSHOT tuners and a self-lubricating Graph Tech Black TUSQ nut, so you'll get reliable performance that lasts for years. That kind of quality makes the Kala Solid-body U-Bass not only convenient, but extremely fun to play.Kala Solid-body U-Bass Features at a Glance:
- 4-string model
- Satin Espresso Brown finish
- Environmentally friendly battery-free MI-SI ALIGN active preamp system
- Preamp charges in 60 seconds for up to 8 hours of playing time
- Volume control and 2-band EQ
- Custom HIPSHOT tuners
- GRAPH TECH Black TUSQ self-lubricating nut
- Proprietary polyurethane strings produce incredible bottom end
- Meets all airline carry-on requirements
- Made in the U.S.A
- Deluxe gig bag with backpack straps included