Extremely Portable Acoustic Bass!
The bass you can travel with! The Kala U-Bass sets a new sonic standard for "travel-sized" instruments. It's sized to fit into the overhead compartment of an airplane, yet's it's packed with thick, rich acoustic bass tone. In fact, the U-Bass's tone comes startlingly close to that of traditional double bass - something that anyone used to lugging around an upright will love. And since this little uke-style instrument uses traditional bass tuning, there's virtually no learning curve if your used to a standard bass guitar.
The secret behind the sound is almost as cool as the small format of the U-Bass itself. It comes from the combination of the right tonewoods with Kala's unique polyurethane strings, which provide plenty of low frequency resonance. A top, back, and sides made from solid acacia, along with a solid mahogany neck and a rosewood fingerboard all add up to give this U-Bass phenomenal tone to go with its stunning good looks. The onboard Shadow pickup system lets you plug into any PA or amp, and the included hard-foam case makes taking your U-Bass to the gig even more convent.Kala Acacia Top U-Bass Acoustic-electric Bass Travel Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Acoustic-electric bass travel guitar
- Solid acacia top, back, and sides
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard and rosewood bridge
- 20" scale, tuned to traditional EADG
- Strung with proprietary polyurethane strings
- Offers much of the sound of an upright bass
- Extremely portable (meets carry-on standards)
- Features custom hipshot tuners for tuning stability
- passive Shadow pickup system with 4 individual piezo elements