Thunderbolt QUAD DSP Plus UAD-2 Custom Plug-ins
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD Custom will shift your music production into high gear. UA's next-gen DSP accelerator rocks four SHARC processors that deliver a massive DSP boost for running huge professional mixes. Run UAD Powered plug-ins via your computer's Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection for immediate access to the world's most authentic analog emulation plug-ins with juiced performance at higher sample rates and reduced plug-in latency compared to FireWire. In addition to a potent portable DSP Accelerator unit, you get UA's Custom UAD plug-in package and the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, plus your choice of three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. What's more, you can access over 90 optional plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Studer, Neve, and more. Turbocharge your studio with Universal Audio's UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD Custom.
Portable UAD Plug-in Power
Want to run bigger mixes packed with DSP-intensive plug-ins? Universal Audio's UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators give you a potent, portable solution for turbocharging your Thunderbolt-based studio. These desktop-friendly units connect to your Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2-equipped computer and provide access to UAD Powered plug-ins (the most authentic analog emulation plug-ins on the planet), including exclusive plug-ins from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, SSL, and many more.
Truly scalable mixing power
Sweetwater knows that when you've got a monster project with a suffocating deadline, it's what's under the hood that counts. That's why Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators are available in QUAD or OCTO models (with either four or eight SHARC processors), letting you customize your studio horsepower to the demands of your workflow. They may also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe cards and Thunderbolt-enabled Apollo interfaces — including the Apollo Twin, Apollo, and Apollo 16, for truly scalable mixing power.
Thunderbolt: Ultra-low Latency and Unrivaled Bandwidth
Thunderbolt is one of the most important technologies to impact audio production in years, and UA was one of the first to adopt it. Thanks to its blazing-fast connectivity, Thunderbolt offers lower latency and greater stability than USB or FireWire, clocking in with the speed and ultra-fast performance of a PCI Express system — but with the convenience of a single cable.
Customize your studio with flexible software options
To get you up and running straight out of the box, Universal Audio offers UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators with Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages. The Core package gives you the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom adds a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Ultimate is Universal Audio's top-of-the-line package, with more than 79 UA-developed plug-ins (up to and including UAD software v7.8).
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD Custom DSP Accelerator Features:
- Portable DSP Accelerator unit plus Custom UAD plug-in package
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection on your Mac or PC
- Juiced performance at higher sample rates; reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire
- Four SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Includes Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring UA 610-B Preamp and EQ, plus Legacy editions of:
- LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler
- 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier
- Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter
- Pultec Pro Equalizers
- UA Precision EnhancerHz
- CS-1 Precision Channel
- RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Plus your choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration
- Access over 90 plug-ins (sold separately) from Ampex, Lexicon, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, and more
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live and more
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Fan-free construction for quiet operation
- Expands the DSP power of Apollo audio interfaces; can be combined with other UAD-2 DSP Accelerators
- VST, AU, RTAS, AAX 64 support