Vibrant, Powerful Sound!
With the Avalon U5 high-voltage DI Preamplifier you can conjure the sweet, vivid sounds your recordings deserve. A unique combination of passive tone selector and variable gain preamp and filter, the U5 accepts a wide variety of signal levels and instruments, everything from acoustic guitars to active bass guitars and keyboards. You'll be astounded at the magic you'll be able to work with the U5 in your studio. Tons of sonic character! This limited-edition version sports a sleek black finish and blue lights.Avalon U5 Limited 15th Anniversary Edition Instrument DI and Preamplifier Features at a Glance:
- Circuit topology: 100%-discrete, high-voltage Class A
- Gain: Switched 3dB steps (maximum gain +30dB)
- Input impedance: 3-Mohm unbalanced (single ended)
- Maximum input level: +24dBu unbalanced, 400w speaker input
- output connectors: 2 x XLR (pin 2 hot, electronic balanced)
- Maximum output level (Class A): +30dBu DC coupled, balanced 600 ohms (mic and line out)
- Headphone output: 0.5W/600 ohms
- Noise 20kHz unweighted: -100dBu minimum gain position
- Distortion THD, IMD: 0.1% at +10dB
- Frequency response, -/+0.5dB: 5Hz-100kHz
- Frequency response, -3dB: 1Hz-500kHz (input band limited)
- High cut filter: -3dB at 8kHz minimum phase design
- Tone selector: 6-position rotary switch (all passive filters)
- AC power: Internal toroidal AC supply
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 3.5" x 12"
- Weight-Packed: 12 lbs.
- Optional rackmount kits available for single and dual unit mounting