16-Pad MIDI Drum Controller for Itchy Trigger Fingers
More DJ's, Hip Hop artists and electronic musicians are leaning towards software based setups to create beats and grooves due to the huge variety of sounds available as well as the limitless opportunities for mangling sounds that sofware offers. But most beat-makers feel that their most interesting patterns comes from banging out a rhythm on the edge of the desk or on their knees, which is much more intuitive than using a MIDI keyboard or the tiny finger pads on many drum machines. M-Audio's Trigger Finger offers DJ's, Hip-Hop artists and drum programmers an easy-to-use dedicated drum pad controller, which offers larger pads than most drum machines.M-Audio Trigger Finger at a Glance:
- Dedicated MIDI drum control surface with 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads.
- 8 assignable knobs, 4 assignable faders with pre-programmed maps
- 16 MIDI Presets and editor/librarian software included.
- Powered via USB connection, fully Mac and PC compliant.
Play Expressively with Velocity and Pressure Sensitive Pads
M-Audio Trigger Finger's 16 "MPC" sized velocity and pressure sensitive pads contribute to the feel of triggering "real" drums and percussion, ensemble "blasts", and virtually any sample or loop requiring a more percussive method of playing. Or, for VJs, Trigger Finger can even control video projections - and applying pressure to the pads can generate any MIDI controller you wish.
Assignable Knobs and Sliders
Trigger Finger also gives you 8 knobs and 4 faders that are freely assignable to MIDI parameters such as volume, pan, pitch, and effects. Pre-programmed maps for Reason, Live, GM Drum, XG Drum, iDrum, and more make setup a snap-and full programmability lets you customize the unit to fit your needs.
Presets and Editing Capabilities
Settings are easy to store via 16 presets, and M-Audio's free Enigma editor/librarian software for PC and Mac lets you create a collection of even more.
A simple USB cable is all it takes to connect and power Trigger Finger with your computer. The Trigger Finger can also be powered by an optional DC power supply. And speaking of Mac and PC, both MME and DirectX are supported for Windows XP and Core MIDI is supported for Mac. the Trigger Finger's class-compliance means that it is true plug-and-play - no drivers are required. Just plug in the USB cable and you're ready to go.
- 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads.
- 8 assignable knobs.
- 4 assignable faders.
- Pre-programmed maps for Live, Reason, GM Drum, XG
- Drum, and iDrum.
- Velocity control including locked velocity mode.
- Program/bank change capability.
- Powered via USB connection or optional DC power supply.
- 16 MIDI presets.
- Programmable with free Enigma editor/librarian software*
- 3-digit LED display.
- Class-compliant with Windows XP and Mac OS X.
- Includes free Ableton Live Lite software and demo songs.
- MIDI interface.
- MIDI Controller Driver CD w/ Ableton demo songs.