Tim Armstrong's Hot-rodded Acoustic!
Fender's Tim Armstrong Deluxe acoustic-electric guitar is proof that there's no such thing as too punk for an acoustic guitar. In fact, as you hold and strum one of these fantastic yet affordable instruments, your can easily imagine Armstrong himself picking out early Operation Ivy and Rancid tunes on his own '70s Fender acoustic guitar. It's a classic mahogany acoustic, loaded with sweet and mellow tone. And thanks to one of Armstrong's personal modifications, there's also a Fishman Neo-D soundhole pickup pre-wired to the end-pin jack, providing you with exceptional sound, even when you play plugged in. Add to that a complete collection of cool accessories, including an embossed leather strap and a textured vinyl-covered case with gold interior that were both designed by the artist himself, and it's easy to see that the Fender Tim Armstrong Deluxe is no wimpy acoustic-electric guitar.Fender Tim Armstrong Deluxe Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Based on Rancid's Tim Armstrong's favorite '70s Fender acoustic
- All-mahogany body, for superb acoustic tone
- Take the stage in style with this killer onboard Fishman pickup system
Tim Armstrong is the songwriter behind the infamous punk band Rancid. You can bet that most of these songs came from late-night strumming sessions with a battered old acoustic, rather than emerge fully formed in Armstrong's head in the studio. It's also safe to say that the self-same guitar the Fender Tim Armstrong Deluxe acoustic-electric is modeled on was there at the beginning of several of this artist's biggest hits. And when you hear how good the Tim Armstrong Deluxe acoustic-electric guitar sounds when you're just strumming it on the couch, you'll understand why Armstrong installed the stage-ready Fishman Neo-D pickup.All-mahogany body, for superb acoustic tone
The Fender Tim Armstrong Deluxe concert-sized acoustic guitar sports a solid mahogany top and a laminated mahogany back and sides. This gives you the naturally dark and rich tone of mahogany, plus the extreme durability of only a laminate back and sides can deliver. Talk about a stage-worthy guitar! On top of that, the Tim Armstrong Deluxe also features a maple neck, a rosewood fingerboard, and a real bone nut and saddle.Take the stage in style with this killer onboard Fishman pickup system
While the Fender Tim Armstrong Deluxe sound great unplugged, Fender followed Armstrong's own modifications, adding a killer Fishman Neo-D soundhole pickup to capture every note onstage. This pickup is perfect for playing loud gigs with a full band, easily shrugging off feedback that would cripple a lesser transducer, but remaining clean and clear even trough serious stage volume. You could hardly ask for more from a live acoustic guitar than what the Fender Tim Armstrong Deluxe acoustic-electric has to offer.Fender Tim Armstrong Deluxe Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- An amazing acoustic-electric guitar based on Tim Armstrong's (Operation Ivy, Rancid) own '70s Fender acoustic gutiar
- Laminated mahogany back and sides topped by solid mahogany provide deep and rich sound plus superior durability
- Classic pickguard and headstock shape revive the look and style of the original '70s Deluxe model
- Fishman Neo-D magnetic soundhole pickup mirror's Armstrong's own modification and provides superior sound onstage
- Includes embossed leather "Lets Go" strap and textured-vinyl-covered hardshell case with gold interior - both designed by Tim Armstrong himself
Fender's Tim Armstrong Deluxe gives you classic '70s Fender vibe with a punk twist!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.