A Limited-run Road Worn-edition of a Classic!
A real rocker! The Tele took a quantum leap in 1972 with the addition of supercharged humbucking pickups. This broadened the tonal capabilities of the world's first mass-produced electric guitar substantially, delivering both the trademark Tele twang of a single-coil bridge pickup along with the added punch of a Seth Lover-designed Wide Range neck humbucker. The Road Worn '72 Telecaster Custom gives you all of this — along with the look and feel of a well-loved vintage guitar without the vintage price.
Brand new guitar, broken-in feel! The first Fender workhorse and the original road-warrior guitar. Fender's long road begins with the Telecaster, a guitar that amazingly looked even cooler and handled even better the more players heaped wear-and-tear on it-great when brand-new but positively phenomenal with a few thousand miles on it! Fender's maple-fretboard Road Worn '72 Telecaster Custom delivers that aged look and feel — built to look, sound and feel like it has survived 30+ years or rockin' the clubs and arenas.
The Road Worn '72 Tele Custom was designed with 1970s specs, including a lacquer finish, a 3-bolt neckplate, bullet truss rod, and then supercharged with a great combination of pickups. It will easily hold the stage alongside anybody. Whether you're chicken pickin', jazzing it up, or rocking out, this guitar will keep up — and your crowd (and possibly even your band) will think you've been taking your Road Worn '72 Telecaster Custom on the road with you for years.Fender Road Worn '72 Telecaster Custom Solidbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Lacquer, Black
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, "C" Shape, (Gloss Urethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 7.25" Radius
- Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo Frets
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Fender Vintage "F" Style Tuning Machines
- Bridge: Vintage Style Tele Strings-Through-Body
- Pickguard: 3-ply Black
- Pickups: One Fender "Wide Range" Humbucking Pickup (Neck), One Tele Single-coil (Bridge)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone
- 3-bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt Adjustment
- "Bullet" Truss Rod Nut
- Synthetic Bone Nut
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag