Sixty years after its birth, the Tele is still leaving its mark on music history. And here, Fender celebrates everything the Tele was, is, and will be with a slew of incredible 60th Anniversary "Tele-bration" Telecasters.
This particular Tele, the Mahogany Telecaster, retains that iconic Tele look, while giving you a different voice and different vibe altogether. As the name suggests, this Tele is made from mahogany. The tonewood lends itself to a darker voice and, when paired with the humbucking bridge pickup and split single-coil neck pickup, you've got a lot of flavors and tonal colors in here. To set the Mahogany Telecaster apart, Fender gave it a contoured body too. The smooth edges give this Tele a touch of elegance, and the hand-rubbed oil finish really brings out the charm of that wood. And, for an eco-friendly flair, Fender added a Mahogany Telecaster a Lamboo (laminated bamboo) fingerboard.
Bottom line? This is one special Telecaster. Just 300 are being made.Fender Mahogany Telecaster Features at a Glance:
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck: Maple, Modern "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Hand-rubbed Oil
- Fretboard: Lamboo
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.685"
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex
- Pickups: Enforcer Humbucker (bridge), Split-coil hum-canceling single-coil (neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-position Blade
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Delta Tone
- Special Electronics: No-Load Tone Control
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed
- Bridge: American Strings-through-body Hardtail with block saddles
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-ply Black
- Included Accessories: Cable, Strap, Polishing Cloth