Traditional Tele tones — with a twist!
The Danny Gatton Signature Telecaster pays tribute to one of the most underrated guitarists of all time, a man known as "the Humbler" due to his ability to outplay even the most accomplished guitarists. This unique instrument is constructed from ash, which is both an excellent tonewood and lightweight. The maple neck and fingerboard of the Danny Gatton Signature Telecaster is adorned with cubic zirconia side position markers for onstage reflections. Tonally, a pair of Bill Lawrence-designed pickups and a special tone circuit handle amplification of the Danny Gatton Signature Tele.Fender Custom Shop Danny Gatton Signature Telecaster Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- The man behind the guitar
- A special Tele
The man behind the guitar
Though not a household name, Danny Gatton is widely considered among guitarists as "the world's greatest unknown guitarist." In fact, he was number 63 on Rolling Stone's 2003 list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time, and famous admirers include Eric Clapton, Willie Nelson, and Slash. Born the son of a rhythm guitarist, Danny grew up around the instrument and had a passion for playing. His playing style merged jazz, blues, and rockabilly, and his customized Telecaster aided in forging his signature sound. Regarded by his peers as an amazing talent, commercial success eluded Gatton. A consummate showman, Gatton frequently used a beer bottle or mug (even if it was still half-full) as a slide during live performances. He died in 1994.
A special Tele
The Danny Gatton Signature Telecaster is a replica of Gatton's own heavily modified '53 Telecaster. The neck is maple and boasts a custom '50s-style U-shaped neck with cubic zirconia side position markers (check these guys out under stage lights!). The ash body provides plenty of Tele-trademark snap and spank, with a pair of Bill Lawrence-designed humbucking pickups at the neck and bridge feeding into a custom tone circuit. The bridge is also a custom design, crafted from stainless steel with compensated brass saddles. Fender/Gotoh vintage-style tuning machines and a Danny Gatton signature on the headstock round out the features.
- Color: Frost Gold (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Body: Lightweight Premium Ash
- Neck: Maple, Custom '50s "U" Shape, (Urethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" Radius
- No. of Frets: 22 Vintage Style Frets
- Pickups: 2 Fender Custom Designed Pickups (Neck & Bridge)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Bridge: Custom-designed Stainless Steel Bridge with Compensated Brass Saddles
- Machine Heads: Fender/Gotoh Vintage-style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Aged White
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Width at Nut: 1.650"
- Cubic Zirconia Side Position Markers
- Custom Tone Circuit
- Danny Gatton Signature on Headstock
- Barrel Switch Tip with Bent Shaft
- Vintage Tweed Case included with Orange Interior
Fender's Custom Shop honors an unsung Tele hero with the Danny Gatton Signature Telecaster!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.