Everyone knows the Fender Custom Deluxe Telecaster is an incredible Tele. But any true Tele fan will always have a wish list of tweaks, modifications, and subtle adjustments to turn an incredible Tele into the total Tele package. Here, the guitar-loving crew at Sweetwater got together with the Fender Custom Shop with our own wish list of sorts. With input from you, our customers, and all of the toneheads here, we went ahead and put a twist on the Fender Custom Deluxe Telecaster to create our very own version, the Fender Custom Deluxe Telecaster Special. We know you'll love it as much as we do.
So, what makes the Fender Custom Deluxe Telecaster Special so special? It's the extra attention to detail here. All the woods were hand selected for beauty, grain, and the traits of tonal perfection. We upped the neck from "A" flame maple to "AA" maple, for an even more amazing appearance. We also went ahead and gave the Fender Custom Deluxe Telecaster Special a set of locking tuners, versus the regular Deluxe's staggered tuner set.
But any true Tele fan will tell you there's magic in the pickup configuration. So, we didn't mess with the single-coil configuration that delivers that true Tele twang. However, we did reverse the control plate and give it a 4-position blade switch instead of the regular Custom Deluxe Telecaster's 3-position system, to give you even more tonal options. This Fender Custom Deluxe Telecaster Special's Position 1 is Bridge, Position 2 is Bridge and Neck (in parallel), Position 3 is Neck, and Position 4 is Neck and Bridge (in series).
All in all, the Fender Custom Deluxe Telecaster Special is a finely tuned piece of Fender Custom Shop workmanship that's got the best-of-the-best Tele appointments, with a special twist for the true Tele lover. And, of course, as with all Fender Custom Teles, the Fender Custom Deluxe Telecaster Special was painstakingly crafted by one of Fender's finest builders right here in the USA.Fender Custom Deluxe Telecaster Special Features at a Glance:
- Finish: Butterscotch
- Black Pickguard
- Body: Select Ash (Thin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Neck: Flamed "AA" Maple, Downsized "U" Shape, (Vintage Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- No. of Frets: 22 Dunlop 6105 Narrow Jumbo Frets
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Width @ Nut: 1.6875"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Fender/Schaller Deluxe Locking Tuning Machines
- Bridge: Chrome-plated Steel Tele Bridge Plate with Plated Solid Brass Saddles
- Pickups: 1 Custom Shop "Twisted" Tele Single-coil (Neck), 1 Custom Shop Hot NoCaster Single-coil (Bridge)
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (Reverse Control Plate)
- Strings: D'Addario XL110 Regular Light, Nickel Plated Steel, Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046)
- Accessories: Strap, Straplocks, Cable, Polishing Cloth, Certificate of Authenticity
- Deluxe Black Hardshell Case Included (Black Interior)