An American classic in a limited-edition color!
The Fender 2009 American Standard Telecaster Special Edition continues the legacy of a design that's inspired players for decades. In addition to its classic duo of single-coil pickups, 3-way switching, alder body, this Special Edition American Standard Telecaster features a new bridge, new finish on the neck and body, and a premium molded SKB case. You still get the comfortable rolled fretboard edges, and staggered tuning machines, as well as that legendary Tele tone. Fender manages to maintain a winning design that's been popular for over half a century while adding a few improvements with the Special Edition American Standard Telecaster!Fender American Standard Telecaster at a Glance:
- American Standard updates
- Classic design
- Tele tone
American Standard updates
The American Standard Telecaster is an elegantly straightforward instrument, and it's rare that a guitar that's been popular for so long can be improved upon. But that's exactly what Fender did, with a new bridge featuring six new American Standard bent steel saddles and a stamped brass plate. It's the same, only better! The new neck is super-comfortable, with a polyurethane finish and hand-rolled fretboard edges. And the premium SKB-made molded case lets you transport your Tele safely, with TSA locks, Glass-reinforced nylon trigger latches, and a form-fitted plush interior.
You've probably heard the story before: Leo Fender began designing and building his soon-to-be-iconic guitars over a half-century ago, even though he didn't play guitar himself. The Telecaster represents Fender's first real success, and the fact that it remains such a sought-after guitar today speaks volumes about its quality and playability. It's been copied countless times, tweaked, mutated, modified, gutted, and bedecked with extras, but the original always shines through. The American Standard Telecaster continues this legacy by respecting the original while updating it enough to make it better than ever.
Descended from one of the true "grandaddies" of guitar designs, the American Standard Telecaster retains all the characteristics that make the Tele so popular across all musical genres. Its tone can range from articulate "chicken pickin'" cluck to warm sustain, crunchy power chords to crystal-clear chime. Only a handful of instruments stand out decade after decade, and the Tele's magical blend of playability, utility, and tone definitely puts it in among a select few.
- Color: Daphne Blue
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood, 9.5" (241mm)
- Number of frets: 22, Medium-jumbo
- Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Nut: Melamine
- Nut width: 1.685" (42.8mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine heads: Fender deluxe staggered cast/sealed tuning keys
- Bridge: American Standard Telecaster with six American Standard bent steel saddles and stamped brass plate
- Pickguard: 3-ply
- Neck pickup: American Tele single-coil pickup
- Bridge pickup: American Tele single-coil pickup
- Pickup switching: 3-position blade
- Controls: Volume, tone
- Strings: Fender Standard Tension™ Bullet ST3250L, nickel-plated steel (.009 to .042)
- Case: Molded Fender/SKB case with TSA locks, glass-reinforced nylon trigger latches, and plush interior
- Accessories: Cable, strap, polishing cloth, and wrenches