Triple-function Guitar and Bass Tuner!
The BOSS TU-88 is more than a guitar and bass tuner, though it's certainly a member of BOSS's renowned TU tuner series. Put it at the end of your chain, plug in a set of headphones, and you can set up your effects, get in tune, and warm up without anyone hearing you. The TU-88 also packs in a 1/8" Mix Input, so you can hook up your iPod or other MP3 player and practice along with your favorite tracks. There's even a built-in metronome, selectable rhythms, and tap-tempo onboard the BOSS TU-88!
BOSS TU-88 Guitar and Bass Tuner at a Glance:
- 3 tuning modes with Accu-Pitch and flat tuning function
- Headphone connector lets you privately tune up and check your effects
- Hook up an iPod, mix your signal with its signal, and jam along
- Onboard practice tools: metronome, selectable rhythms, and tap-temp control
- Simply a rock-solid TU tuner from BOSS
At its heart, the BOSS TU-88 is an accurate tuner (and a great addition to any guitarist's or bassist's rig) without even mentioning its extras. Onboard, there are three convenient tuning modes: Chromatic, Guitar, and Bass. There's also a flat tuning function as well as BOSS's popular Accu-Pitch feature. When you reach an accurate tuning, it will audibly beep to let you know that you're cool to move onto tuning the next string.Headphone connector lets you privately tune up and check your effects
Ever wanted to get into tune (and check all of your effects) without turning on your amp and warming up in front of the crowd? With the BOSS TU-88, you can. Just plug a pair of headphones into the built-in headphone amplifier, and you can hear what's going on with your signal, warm up for the show, and be sure you're in tune.Hook up an iPod, mix your signal with its signal, and jam along
In addition to a headphone amp, the BOSS TU-88 tuner features a Mix Input 1/8" connection. Go ahead and plug in your iPod, MP3 player, or even the output of your computer. Then mix the signal with your sound and jam along with your favorite tracks. It's an excellent practice tool.Onboard practice tools: metronome, selectable rhythms, and tap-temp control
The BOSS TU-88 features even more handy practice tools, including an onboard metronome. Using the tap-tempo control, you can get the metronome going at the right pace and practice your parts until you're confidently playing in time. The metronome also features selectable rhythms, so you can practice at different times and with different patterns.Simply a rock-solid TU tuner from BOSS
BOSS pedals have achieved legendary status for good reason: not only are they ruggedly built to withstand stomp after stomp, day after day, but they're also purpose-driven tools that deliver the kinds of tones and functions that serious guitarists and bassists need. With BOSS's line of TU tuners, you can be sure you have pro-level tuning in your arsenal, whether you're playing a sold-out gig or rocking solo in the basement.
BOSS TU-88 Guitar and Bass Tuner Features:
- Color: White
- 3 tuning modes: Guitar, Bass, and Chromatic
- Accu-Pitch verification with an audible beep
- Built-in headphone amp lets you privately tune, warm up, and check your effects
- Built-in metronome with selectable rhythmic patterns and volume control
- 1/8" Mix Input lets you practice along with an external device (iPod, etc.)
- Tuning Range: E0 (20.6Hz) - C8 (4,186.0Hz)
- Reference Pitch: A4 (435-446Hz)
- Tuning Accuracy: +/- 1 cent
- Expected battery life under continuous use (carbon): Approximately 8 hours
- Dimensions: 5-9/16" W x 3-3/16" D x 1-3/16" H
- Weight: 7oz.