Punchy and Positionable Drum Mic
Want a compact drum mic that does it all? Sweetwater recommends the Beyerdynamic TG D50d. This cardioid dynamic microphone's small form factor makes it easy to squeeze into tight spaces in and around the drum kit. It also features a selectable EQ curve specifically for bass drum that delivers a tight, deep, punchy kick sound right from the get-go, without your having to mess with EQ at the console. Set to flat frequency response, it's great on toms and most percussion applications. You'll also find it ideal for bass cabs or any other instrument with strong low-frequency content. Built tour-tough, the TG D50d is just as useful onstage as it is in the studio. Thanks to its versatility (and affordability), the Beyerdynamic TG D50d is a solid choice for fleshing out your mic locker.
The "Beyer" sound
The TG D50d is engineered with an expanded resonance space that helps the mic deliver the powerful, upfront sound we associate with Beyerdynamic microphones. Special sound holes ensure a frequency-independent cardioid polar pattern, while a special low-mass diaphragm provides absolute impulse fidelity and high gain before feedback. But in terms of versatility, it's the onboard EQ circuit that steals the show. Set to flat, the TG D50d is a great choice for any instrument where you'd reach for a dynamic mic. Switch in the EQ, and you've got a purpose-built bass drum mic that delivers punchy, impactful kick, right out of the gate. No need to futz with EQ on your mixer. Just press record.
Beyerdynamic TG D50d Features:
- Pressure gradient dynamic microphone for drums, percussion, and instruments
- Special sound holes ensure a frequency-independent cardioid polar pattern
- Rugged design with integrated elastic suspension
- Low-mass diaphragm provides absolute impulse fidelity and high gain before feedback
- Switchable frequency response: LIN (linear), EQ (equalizer)
- Includes storage bag and MKV99 microphone clamp