A T5 with a Premium Maple Top!
There are electric guitars, and there are acoustic guitars, and then there's the Taylor T5 Thinline 5-way guitar. It's a little bit of both, and everything they're not all at the same time. It may very well be a new category!Taylor T5 Thinline 5-Way Standard Guitar at a Glance:
- Multi-personality guitar
- 5-way switching for amazingly unique sounds
- Sleek, comfortable and gorgeous
- Whether you choose a Standard or Custom model, there's a lot going on!
Well, it's actually both. It allows you to get fully acoustic sounds and fully electric sounds from the same guitar. It's designed to be used with both acoustic and electric amps using a standard guitar cable or a balanced cable.Next-Generation Electronics!
The Taylor T5 features a whole new generation of electronics!Tones are selected via the easy access 5-way switch located on the side of the Taylor T5.
- T5 CMR air-coil rear pickup - this is the pickup you can see coming through the top near the bridge of the guitar. When played through an electric amp, this pickup can go from Tele-like sounds to Gretsch-like to full-blown humbucker.
- T5 Dynamic neck pickup - buried in the neck joint, this pickup can sound warm and woody or fat and rowdy.
- T5 Dynamic body sensor - inspired by the research on the Expression System, the T5 body sensors are overwound to produce the sparkling highs and shimmer for the most acoustic-like switch position.
- T5 Preamp and EQ - the preamp was designed to deliver a wide range of tones in every switch position. Controls include: Volume, Bass and Treble. The tone controls are best described as Resonance (bass) and Detail (treble).
Inspired by the Taylor Grand Auditorium silhouette, the T5 features a sleek and comfortable-to-hold carved hollowbody of sapele with a premium maple top, and a svelte neck of Tropical American mahogany. A shortened scale length ensures a fingerboard that is endlessly pleasureable to play with either electric or acoustic strings. Like all Taylor guitars, a custom voiced soundboard is the heart of the T5 tone; on both T5 Standard and T5 Custom models, a spruce top creates a strong, colorful voice with outrageous sustain. Finally, sexy and stylized f-holes command the eye and enhance the resonance of the T5 body chamber, allowing the top to breathe and capture the dynamics of a player's performance.Standard or Custom Choices
Both Taylor T5 Standard and Taylor T5 Custom Models are available with optional Premium Tops of stunning flame maple or figured Hawaiian koa. The Taylor T5 Standard comes with chrome Taylor tuners and subtle "micro dot" fingerboard inlays, while the Taylor T5 Custom has gold Taylor tuners and Taylor's exquisite and well-loved Artist inlays.Taylor T5 Standard Features:
- Contoured Thinline Body
- T-Lock Neck Joint
- Stylized f-holes
- Two Endpins
- Type/Shape: Modified Grand Auditorium
- Body: Sapele
- Top: Maple
- Neck: Tropical American Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony w/Binding
- Fretboard Radius: 15 inches
- Fretboard Inlay: Microdots
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Binding: Multi-layer white with Black pinstripes
- Bridge: Ebony
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Tuning Machines and Hardware: Chrome-plated
- Strings: Medium Gauge (.011-.049) electric Nanoweb coated Elixir strings
- Scale Length: 24-7/8 in.
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Neck WIdth at Nut: 1-11/16 in.
- Number of Frets: 21
- Bracing: T5 Custom Bracing
- Finish: Gloss
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Electronics: Taylor T5
- Case: Taylor T5 Hardshell