A Whole New Breed of Sonic Possibilities
There are electric guitars, and there are acoustic guitars, and then there's the Taylor T5 Custom Thinline 5-way guitar. It's a little bit of both, and everything they're not all at the same time. It may very well be a new category!
Taylor T5 Custom Thinline 5-way Guitar at a Glance:
- Multiple-personality guitar
- 5-way switching for amazingly unique sounds
- Sleek, comfortable and gorgeous
- Whether you choose a Standard or Custom model, there's a lot going on!
Well, it's actually both. It allows you to get fully acoustic sounds and fully electric sounds from the same guitar. It's designed to be used with both acoustic and electric amps using a standard guitar cable or a balanced cable.Next-Generation Electronics!
The Taylor T5 features a whole new generation of electronics!Tones are selected via the easy access 5-way switch located on the side of the Taylor T5.
- T5 CMR air-coil rear pickup - this is the pickup you can see coming through the top near the bridge of the guitar. When played through an electric amp, this pickup can go from Tele-like sounds to Gretsch-like to full-blown humbucker.
- T5 Dynamic neck pickup - buried in the neck joint, this pickup can sound warm and woody or fat and rowdy.
- T5 Dynamic body sensor - inspired by the research on the Expression System, the T5 body sensors are overwound to produce the sparkling highs and shimmer for the most acoustic-like switch position.
- T5 Preamp and EQ - the preamp was designed to deliver a wide range of tones in every switch position. Controls include: Volume, Bass and Treble. The tone controls are best described as Resonance (bass) and Detail (treble).
Inspired by the Taylor Grand Auditorium silhouette, the T5 features a sleek and comfortable-to-hold carved hollowbody of sapele, and a svelte neck of Tropical American mahogany. A shortened scale length ensures a fingerboard that is endlessly pleasurable to play with either electric or acoustic strings. Like all Taylor guitars, a custom voiced soundboard is the heart of the T5 tone; on both T5 Standard and T5 Custom models, a spruce top creates a strong, colorful voice with outrageous sustain. Finally, sexy and stylized f-holes command the eye and enhance the resonance of the T5 body chamber, allowing the top to breathe and capture the dynamics of a player's performance.Called Custom for a Reason
The top of the T5 line, the T5 Custom is typically decked out with premium woods that look the part and hardware that matches. This T5 Custom is no exception, boasting a Koa top, T5, and gold tuners. You'll find plenty of exquisite guitars here at Sweetwater, and this T5 ranks among some of the best.Taylor T5 Custom Features:
- Sonic flexibility thanks to innovative acoustic-electric design and 5-way switching
- Acoustic and electric tones from the same guitar
- Crafted from incredible tonewoods with looks to match
- Perfect for the performing guitarist