A Whole New Breed of Sonic Possibilities!
The T5 Custom from Taylor is a hybrid of an acoustic and an electric guitar, so it's like having two guitars in one great-looking body. You won't believe how many sounds you can pull out of this instrument via the multiple-pickup system. There's an air-coil rear pickup that can go from country twang to rock bright to full-blown humbucker. Use the T5 Dynamic neck pickup and body sensor to give your T5 Custom a shimmery, round, woody acoustic-like tone. There's an unbelievably wide range of tones available in the Taylor T5 Custom guitar.Taylor T5 Custom Thinline 5-Way Guitar at a Glance:
- Multi-personality guitar
- 5-way switching for amazingly unique sounds
- Sleek, comfortable, and gorgeous
Well, it's actually both. It allows you to get fully acoustic sounds and fully electric sounds from the same guitar. It's designed to be used with both acoustic and electric amps using a standard guitar cable or a balanced cable.Next-Generation Electronics!
The Taylor T5 features a whole new generation of electronics!Tones are selected via the easy access 5-way switch located on the side of the Taylor T5.
- T5 CMR air-coil rear pickup - this is the pickup you can see coming through the top near the bridge of the guitar. When played through an electric amp, this pickup can go from Tele-like sounds to Gretsch-like to full-blown humbucker.
- T5 Dynamic neck pickup - buried in the neck joint, this pickup can sound warm and woody or fat and rowdy.
- T5 Dynamic body sensor - inspired by the research on the Expression System, the T5 body sensors are overwound to produce the sparkling highs and shimmer for the most acoustic-like switch position.
- T5 Preamp and EQ - the preamp was designed to deliver a wide range of tones in every switch position. Controls include: Volume, Bass and Treble. The tone controls are best described as Resonance (bass) and Detail (treble).
Inspired by the Taylor Grand Auditorium silhouette, the T5 Custom features a sleek and comfortable-to-hold carved hollowbody of sapele, and a svelte neck of sapele. A shortened scale length ensures a fingerboard that is endlessly pleasurable to play with either electric or acoustic strings. Like all Taylor guitars, a custom-voiced soundboard is the heart of the T5 tone; a figured maple top creates a strong, colorful voice with outrageous sustain. Finally, sexy and stylized f-holes command the eye and enhance the resonance of the T5 body chamber, allowing the top to breathe and capture the dynamics of a player's performance.Taylor T5 Custom Thinline 5-Way Guitar Features:
- Semi-hollowbody acoustic-electric guitar that delivers acoustic and electric tones
- Premium figured maple top looks good and adds brightness
- Sapele back and neck
- Ebony fretboard and bridge
- Taylor T5 electronics deliver a wide range of tones
- Includes Taylor T5 Hardshell