Best Bang for the Buck!
I've been really impressed by this iThing interface for audio and MIDI, especially given the price.
* worked right out of the box, simple, no hassles, no manual needed!
* pristine audio via 30-pin connector on pigtail cable
* a Nuvoton NAU8822A audio chip (24-bit stereo ADCs and DACs)
* a Cypress CY8C34 micro controller
* gain control for mono audio input tweaking
* MIDI in and out works without a hitch
* uses an (included) international 5V DC power supply
* charges your iThing during use
* firmware is upgradeable via a free Griffin app, if needed
* Griffin is still actively supporting the product line, and evolving it
* works with iPads AND iPhones AND iPod Touches!
* fairly compact
* you can insert an iPad in vertical or horizontal position
* serves as a weighted iPad stand, with a nice viewing angle
* shiny black plastic housing (but it IS well built)
* no XLR jacks or phantom power (workaround with cabling, mic pre, or mixer sends)
* RCA audio out jacks (workaround via cabling or adapters)
* overkill "chrome" knob with a glowing blue ring for headphone volume
The bottom line, the audio and MIDI ins and outs work flawlessly with any app I throw at it. It sounds great. No frills, just the basics. An outstanding price. Highly recommended!