Pick Up a Real Strat for a Great Price!
When Leo Fender introduced the world to his newest creation, the Stratocaster, nobody could possibly have known it would change the face of contemporary music forever. Now it's back to the basics! The fast-action maple neck, the comfort-contoured ash body, three single-coil pickups and standard synchronized tremolo - this is where the tradition began and still carries on today in the surprisingly playable, affordable Standard Stratocaster.Fender Standard Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features at a Glance:
- Lightweight ash body with shielded body cavities provides superior tone
- Vintage Style tremolo with high mass bridge block makes bending a blast
- Three standard, single-coil Strat pickups deliver timeless Stratocaster sound
The Standard Stratocaster features a lightweight, comfort-contoured ash body which has actually changed very little since the first Strats rolled off the production lines in 1954. While everyone loves a classic, the Standard Stratocaster sports a few major improvements over the original the staff at Sweetwater have come to appreciate, and we think you will too. One of the big ones is the Standard Strat's shielded-body-cavity design, which reduces hum and provides you whit quieter operation than you'd ever get with a vintage model. Keep reading for more.Vintage Style tremolo with high mass bridge block makes bending a blast
While there's no denying the fact that Leo Fender's guitar designs were an amazing blend of art and engineering, it was the erroneously named synchronized tremolo, introduced in 1954 along with the Strat itself, that may well have been his most inspired bit of engineering. With it you could bend notes or even entire chords up or down without throwing the guitar out of tune. Even though Fender has continued to improve upon the tremolo, many players simply prefer the look and feel of the original. The Standard Strat comes with that vintage style tremolo, but adds a high mass bridge block for improved sustain and tone.Three standard, single-coil Strat pickups deliver timeless Stratocaster sound
The Stratocaster was the first production line guitar with three pickups, and it's no surprise that this basic configuration is just as popular today as it was in 1954. So your new Standard Stratocaster comes from the factory with three standard Strat single-coil pickups with vintage style ceramic magnets. Way back in the 1950s and '60s, players had to carefully fiddle with their three-position blade switch to get those in-between pickup combinations. Don't worry. Your new Standard Strat comes with a modern five-way blade switch for instant access to all the cool Strat tones.Fender Standard Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- An iconic solidbody electric guitar presented in its most fundamental and accessible format
- Classic ash body and maple neck combination provide plenty of resonance with a healthy dose of punch
- Comfortable C-shaped neck carve and 9.5"-radius rosewood fingerboard are fun and easy to play
- A trio of single-coil pickups with a 5-way blade selector give you access to the full range of classic Strat tone
- Vintage Style tremolo with high mass bridge block lets you bend like a pro without worrying about sustain
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.