A Vision of Strat Perfection!
The Fender Stratocaster is an iconic guitar, and no one can argue with that. It also holds true that any full-blown Strat lover has a wish list of tweaks, modifications, and subtle adjustments to turn an already-incredible Strat into a vision of pure Strat perfection. Recently, the guitar-loving crew at Sweetwater got together with the Fender Custom Shop with our own wish list of sorts. With input from you, our customers, and all of the toneheads here, we went ahead and put a few different twists on the Stratocaster we all know and love to create a few of our very own versions. The Stratocaster Pro Special with DiMarzio Pickups is an example of just that. We know you'll love it as much as we do.
So, what makes the Stratocaster Pro Special with DiMarzio Pickups such a special version of the Strat? Well, let's walk through our subtle revisions so you can get the whole picture. First of all, we gave it the '60s-style headstock and logo. It's a simple thing, really, but we think it adds a lot of vibe. Also in the land of aesthetics, we gave our Stratocaster Pro Special with DiMarzio Pickups a Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish, adored by vintage guitar aficionados.
What else? In the name of tone, this Stratocaster Pro Special with DiMarzio Pickups sports, as you might guess, a trio of DiMarzio single-coil pickups. We have an Area 61 at the bridge, an Area 58 at the middle, and an Area 58 at the neck. What makes these pickups so cool is that they carry a tone of vintage qualities. The pickups from the '50s and early '60s just had a unique tonality... steely yet somehow woody-sounding. And with the Area series, you get it. And you get it from the Area 61 with no hum and less magnet-pull. When paired with the Area 58s, you can go all the way from Nashville to Texas with our Stratocaster Pro Special with DiMarzio Pickups.
More than all that, to really mod our Strat, we went ahead and gave it a "Treble Bleed" mod on the volume pot. It helps keep your tone from getting muddy or too bassy when you turn your volume down. We love it. Other touches include separate Neck and Bridge tone controls. Oh, and we also upped the neck to a gorgeous "AA" flame maple that you'll appreciate wrapping your Strat-loving hand around.Fender Stratocaster Pro Special with DiMarzio Pickups Features at a Glance:
- Color: Black
- Body: Select alder (NOS Nitrocellulose lacquer finish)
- Neck: Flamed "AA" maple, Modern "C" shape, (Thin satin acrylic urethane finish)
- Fingerboard: Round laminated - maple, 12" radius
- Headstock: '60s-style headstock with '60s-style Decal
- Number of frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Width at nut: 1.6875"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Sperzel Trim-Lok staggered machine heads
- Bridge: New Deluxe 2-point Synchronized Tremolo with polished solid stainless steel saddles and block
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Neck - DiMarzio Area 58, Midde - DiMarzio Area 61, Bridge - DiMarzio Area 61
- Pickup switching: 5-position blade
- Controls: Master Volume; Tone 1. (neck pickup), Greasebucket tone circuit, (rolls off highs without adding bass); Tone 2. (bridge pickup), Greasebucket tone circuit, (rolls off highs without adding bass)
- Unique features: NOS finish, contoured heel for easier access to upper frets, LSR roller nut, '60s-style headstock, '60s-style decal, large 7mm Dot position inlays with narrow spacing
- Includes: strap, straplocks, cable, polishing cloth, certificate of authenticity
- Case: Deluxe (black crushed velvet interior) black hardshell case included
Get the Fender Stratocaster Pro Special with DiMarzio Pickups, a hot-rodded Strat with tones of vibe!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.