Your Strat Closet Classic
The Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Stratocaster Closet Classic is as close to the genuine article as you can get without taking out a second mortgage. And it delivers the legendary spank, sparkle, and vibe of the original — without costly visits to your luthier. This solidbody electric guitar may look a half-century old, but it sports a supremely playable V-profile maple neck with a modern 9.5" fingerboard radius and 6105 tall-narrow frets. Topped off with superb-sounding hand-wound '57 pickups and custom wiring, the Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster Closet Classic is a music time machine par excellence.
The Closet Classic treatment delivers real-deal visuals
Fender Custom Shop's Closet Classic treatment creates instruments that are spittin' images of the originals. Without sneaking a look at the neck heel stamp, you'd be hard-pressed to distinguish this Stratocaster from an original, lovingly-cared-for '57 Strat. This Strat wears a gently aged nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today's polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to "breathe." Nitro finishes not only look vintage-y wonderful, they also enhance the instrument's tonal qualities, giving you the look, sound, and feel of an aged classic.
'57 pickups serve up period-correct Strat tone
The Limited Edition Stratocaster Closet Classic is loaded with three hand-wound Fender Custom Shop '57 Strat single-coil pickups that deliver all the legendary spank 'n' sparkle of an original '57 Stratocaster. From chimey, glassy cleans to chunky grind, these pups deliver the tone. And the middle pickup is reverse-wound/reverse-polarity, for humbucking operation in switch positions 2 and 4. This guitar also features Fender's Tone Saver Treble Bleed circuit, which allows all your tone to shine through, no matter where you have your volume pot set.
It's all about playing feel
The Fender Custom Shop Closet Classic Strat looks totally vintage, and it plays like butter. If you savor the feel of a played-in guitar with perfect fretwork and with spot-on intonation, Sweetwater has your axe! The Closet Classic sports a modern 9.5" radius and 6105 tall-narrow frets that let you play and bend up high without fretting out. It's the best of old and new!
Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Stratocaster Closet Classic Features:
- Closet Classic lacquer finish, gold hardware
- 2-piece select ash body, nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- 1-piece tinted AAA flame maple neck with 1957 "V" profile and 9.5" radius
- 21 #6105 tall-narrow frets
- Hand-wound '57 Strat single-coil pickups, reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup
- 5-way pickup selector switch
- Vintage Modified #2 wiring with Tone-Saver Treble-Bleed circuit
- Gold anodized pickguard, includes alternate single-ply parchment pickguard
- American Vintage floating vibrato bridge/tailpiece
- Vintage-Style Tuning Machines with Fender Logo
- Bone nut, wing string tree
- Includes strap and Certificate of Authenticity