Play a Legendary Strat!
The Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Stratocaster NOS solidbody electric guitar brings an absolutely iconic instrument to Sweetwater! Working closely with Gilmour and his longtime tech, the Fender Custom Shop re-created the features on David Gilmour Stratocaster NOS to match those of Gilmour's original "Black Strat" guitar as closely as possible - right down to the shortened tremolo arm! If you love Pink Floyd, Gilmour, or Strats (or all of the above), you owe it to yourself to call your Sales Engineer today and check out the David Gilmour Stratocaster NOS!
Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Stratocaster NOS Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Based on an iconic instrument
- Close cooperation
Based on an iconic instrument
The Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature Series Stratocaster, based on David's famous "Black Strat" guitar, represents a cornerstone of Pink Floyd's revolutionary and incomparable sound. Gilmour's original "Black Strat" is featured extensively on The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, and his critically-acclaimed 2006 solo effort, On An Island.
The Fender Custom Shop worked hand-in-hand with Gilmour and his longstanding guitar technician, Phil Taylor, to create his signature model, a reproduction of the Black Strat-complete with its unmistakable look, sound and feel. Featuring black lacquer over 3-color sunburst alder body with a black pickguard, 1-piece maple neck, custom pickups, and David's now-famous electronics and shortened vintage tremolo arm, the David Gilmour Signature Series Stratocaster is as beautiful, powerful and idiosyncratic as David's playing. Additionally, Gilmour's signature guitar comes with a custom case, Evidence Audio high-end guitar cable, David's three-disc Live in Gdansk CD/DVD package, and a copy of Phil Taylor's The Black Strat book.
- Color: Black
- Body: Alder, nitrocellulose laquer finish
- Neck: 1-piece maple, 1983 thin-shouldered "C"-shape
- Neck finish: Dark tint nitrocellulose laquer
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25" radius
- No. of frets: 21
- Neck pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Middle pickup: Custom-wound Single-Coil Strat
- Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan SSL-5 Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (neck pickup), Tone 2 (middle pickup)
- Switching: 5-way blade, mini toggle (addds neck pickup in positions 1, 2, and 3)
- Bridge: American Vintage synchronized tremolo with custom-beveled tremolo block, shortened tremolo arm
- Case: Custom hardshell case included
- Accessories: Evidence Audio guitar cable, custom leather strap, DG pick, David Gilmour's 3-disc Live In Gdansk CD and DVD package, a copy of Phil Taylor's The Black Strat book, polishing cloth, and certificate of authenticity
The Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Stratocaster NOS puts a guitar legend's magic axe in your hands!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.