Custom Shop Quality at an Affordable Price
Fender's Classic Player Series instruments, including the Classic Player '50s Strat, the Classic Player '60s Strat and the Classic Player Baja Telecaster guitars, are the result of a collaboration between Fender's world renown Master Builders, and the company's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico, offering Custom Shop features at a modest price. With decades of combined guitar building experience, Fender Custom Shop Master Builders Dennis Galuzka, Gregory Fessler and Chris Fleming were tasked with creating their own "dream list" of specifications for these new Classic Series instruments. No ideas would be off limits, and no feature would be excluded in creating these customized and affordable guitars. What they came up with were features such as the '69 pickups, custom 2-point vintage bridge and 12" fingerboard radius on Gregory Fessler's Classic Player '60s Strat.Fender Classic Player '60s Stratocaster At-a-Glance
- Classic Strat Design
- Trademark Strat Sound
- Fast Playing Soft "C" Maple Neck
Classic Strat Design
Though the original Stratocaster was first introduced more than 50 years ago, it's more popular now than ever. The Classic Player Series instruments take the best of the Stratocaster of the '60s and merges it with Custom Shop touches. The sleek, select alder body is covered with a classy 3-color sunburst and a jewel-like polyester finish. Each Classic Player '60s Strat features a special matching pickguard. In this case, the 3-color Sunburst finish is beautifully complemented with a 3-ply mint green pickguard along with special aged plastic parts. Special features include '69 pickups, "Custom Shop Designed" neckplate, custom two-point vintage bridge (never before offered outside the Custom Shop) and a 12" fingerboard radius.
Trademark Strat Sound
The original Strat had three single coil pickups, but the Classic Player '60s Strat utilizes 3 Custom '69 single-soil pickups so you get instant access to all those classic, glossy Strat tones with a simple flick of the five-position blade switch.
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup
- Position 5. Neck Pickup
Fast Playing "C" Maple Neck
Leo Fender wasn't afraid to "think outside the box" when it came to guitar designs - after all, he was an engineer, not a guitar player. In the 1950s and well into the 1970s, the blond natural maple neck became almost synonymous with Fender guitars. This Classic Player '60s Stratocaster has a one-piece maple neck and rosewood fingerboard with a "C"-shape and 12" radius. The final touch is in the gloss polyurethane finish that makes this one of the fastest playing Strats on the planet!
- Body: Alder
- 3-Color Sunburst (Polyester Finish)
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, "C" Shape (Gloss Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12" Radius
- No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- 3 Custom '69 Single-Coil Strat Pickups
- Master Volume, 2 Tone Controls
- Bridge: Vintage Style 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Stamped Solid Steel Saddles and Milled Solid Steel Block
- Machine Heads: Fender/Ping Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: White
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Width at Nut: 1.650"
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag included
- Aged Knobs and Switch Tip
- Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Custom '69 Single-Coil Strat Pickups
- 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- "Custom Shop Designed" Neck Plate
- Vintage Style 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo
- 12" Radius
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.