Affordable Custom Shop-Designed Axe!
Fender's Classic Player '50s Strat, is the result of a collaboration between Fender's world renown Master Builders, and the company's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico, offering Custom Shop features at a modest price. With decades of combined guitar building experience, Fender Custom Shop Master Builders Dennis Galuzka, Gregory Fessler and Chris Fleming were tasked with creating their own "dream list" of specifications for these new Classic Series instruments. No ideas would be off limits, and no feature would be excluded in creating these customized and affordable guitars. What they came up with were features such as the vintage tuners, custom wiring, custom 2-point vintage bridge and 9.5" fingerboard radius on Dennis Galuzka's Classic Player '50s Strat.Classic Player '50s Stratocaster At-a-Glance:
- Classic Strat Design
- Trademark Strat Sound
- Fast Playing Soft "V" Maple Neck
Classic Strat Design
Though the original Stratocaster was first introduced more than 50 years ago, it's more popular now than ever. The Classic Player Series instruments take the best of the Stratocaster of the '50s and merges it with Custom Shop touches. The sleek, select alder body is covered with a jewel-like polyurethane finish. Each Classic Player '50s Strat features a special matching pickguard. In this case, the Shoreline Gold finish is beautifully complemented with a single-ply white vinyl pickguard along with special aged plastic parts.
Trademark Strat Sound
The original Strat had three single coil pickups, but the Classic Player '50s utilizes 3 American Vintage Strat single-soil pickups with staggered, Alnico 5 Magnet Pole Pieces, Aged Covers and the middle pickup reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum canceling in the middle switch position, so you get instant access to all those classic, glossy Strat tones with a simple flick of the five-position blade switch.
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickup
- Position 5. Neck Pickup
Fast Playing Soft "V" Maple Neck
Leo Fender wasn't afraid to "think outside the box" when it came to guitar designs. In the 1950s and well into the 1970s, the blond natural maple neck became almost synonymous with Fender guitars. This Strat keeps the trademark maple neck and fingerboard, but this one has that special '50s soft "V" shape that many players prefer (Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy to name just two) along with a 9.5-inch radius.
- Body: Alder
- Shoreline Gold
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, Soft "V" Shape, (Gloss Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" Radius
- No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 3 American Vintage Strat Single-Coil Alnico 5 Pickups
- Master Volume, 2 Tone Controls
- Vintage Style 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Stamped Solid Steel Saddles and Milled Solid Steel Block
- Fender/Gotoh Vintage Style Locking Tuning Machines
- Chrome Hardware
- 1-Ply White Pickguard
- Deluxe Gig Bag included
- Aged Knobs and Switch Tip,
- Vintage Style Tuning Machines,
- "Custom Shop Designed" Neck Plate,
- Vintage Style 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo,
- 9.5" Radius
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.