Pure Strat Perfection!
Everyone knows the Fender Custom Deluxe Stratocaster is an incredible Strat. But any true Strat lover will always have a wish list of tweaks, modifications, and subtle adjustments to turn an incredible Strat into a vision of pure Strat perfection. Here, the guitar-loving crew at Sweetwater got together with the Fender Custom Shop with our own wish list of sorts. With input from you, our customers, and all of the toneheads here, we went ahead and put a twist on the Fender Custom Deluxe Stratocaster to create our very own version, the Fender Custom Deluxe Stratocaster Special. We know you'll love it as much as we do.
So, what makes the Fender Custom Deluxe Stratocaster Special so special? It's the extra attention to detail here. All the woods were hand selected for beauty, grain, and the traits of tonal perfection. We upped the neck from "A" flame maple to "AA" maple, for an even more amazing appearance. And we also went ahead and gave the Fender Custom Deluxe Stratocaster Special a set of locking tuners, versus the regular Deluxe's regular staggered set. The bridge here is a 2-point bridge with bent-steel vintage-style saddles (similar to the American Standard). And because we're totally tweaky, we went ahead and gave the Fender Custom Deluxe Stratocaster Special a parchment 3-ply pickguard for a slightly aged look that we love.
But any true Strat fan will tell you there's magic in the pickup configuration. We didn't mess with tried-and-true, so there's still a trio of single-coils in our Fender Custom Deluxe Stratocaster Special. However, we hand-selected a different complement of them to make this Strat really sing with a bit more attitude. At the neck and middle, we stuck Fat '50s single-coil pickups. You'll get that '50s-style Fender sound, with enhanced bass response but no harsh midrange. At the bridge, we left the popular Custom Shop Texas Special single-coil, giving you a dose of that Texas blues sound. And to give you a different style of tweak on your tone, we made the controls Master Volume, Neck, and Bridge (a la the Eric Johnson Stratocaster).
All in all, the Fender Custom Deluxe Stratocaster Special is a finely tuned piece of Fender Custom Shop workmanship that's got the best-of-the-best Strat appointments, with a special twist for the true Strat lover. And, of course, as with all Fender Custom Strats, the Fender Custom Deluxe Stratocaster Special was painstakingly crafted by one of Fender's finest builders right here in the USA.Fender Custom Deluxe Stratocaster Special Features at a Glance:
- Finish: Emerald Green Transparent
- Body: Select Alder (Thin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Neck: "AA" Flame Maple Neck, '65 "C" Shape (Vintage Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Fingerboard: Dark Hand-selected Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- No. of Frets: 22 Dunlop 6105 Narrow Jumbo Frets
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Width @ Nut: 1.6875"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Fender/Schaller Deluxe Locking Tuning Machines (no transition to staggered)
- Bridge: 2-point bridge with Vintage-style Bent Steel saddles (similar to American Standard)
- Pickguard: 3-ply Parchment
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Strat Pickup
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Strat Pickup
- Bridge Pickup: Texas Special Single-Coil Strat Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Strings: Fender Super 3250R, Nickel Plated Steel, (.010 to .046)
- Unique Features: Aged White Plastic Parts, Rolled Fretboard Edges, No-Load Tone
- Accessories: Strap, Straplocks, Cable, Polishing Cloth, Certificate of Authenticity
- Deluxe Black Hardshell Case Included (Black Interior)