Take a Trip Back to the '70s with This Amazing Strat!
The Fender American Vintage '70s Stratocaster solidbody electric guitar brings back the classic vibe, looks, and sound of the best '70s Strats — all in one guitar! This ash-bodied American Vintage '70s Stratocaster features a comfortable, 3-bolt U-shaped neck (complete with Micro Tilt neck adjustment) and Fender's distinctive large headstock design from the '70s. The hardware and 3-way pickup selector reflects the era, too. Fender made sure to include a 5-way switch with the accessories, just in case you ever want to add more tonal options. Three vintage-voiced single-coil pickups give a period-correct voice to the American Vintage '70s Stratocaster.Fender American Vintage '70s Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- A '70s legend returns
- Quality accessories included
- Vintage-style tremolo
A '70s legend returns
When you're talking iconic '70s axes, you're inevitably going to refer to the large-headstock Strats that populated the music world during that era. Fender brings back that great vibe with the American Vintage '70s Stratocaster, which includes the distinctive headstock design. You also get a 3-bolt neck with Fender's Micro Tilt adjustment, a bullet truss rod adjustment nut, and "Diamond Head" "F" tuning machines, and specially voiced single-coil pickups. This Strat will take you back!
Quality accessories included
The American Vintage '70s Stratocaster comes with a deluxe black hardshell case that boasts a plush orange interior. You also get a strap, a cable, and a 5-position pickup selector switch (should you require more tonal options than the period-correct 3-position selector installed in the American Vintage '70s Stratocaster allows).
While there's no denying the fact that Leo Fender's guitar designs were an amazing blend of art and engineering, it was the erroneously named synchronized tremolo (it's actually a vibrato) that may well have been his most inspired bit of engineering. With it you could bend notes or even entire chords up or down without throwing the guitar out of tune. Even though Fender has continued to improve upon the tremolo, many players simply prefer the look and feel of the original. This American Vintage '70s Stratocaster includes a '70-'71 vintage-correct bridge.
- Color: Natural
- Body: Ash
- Neck: Maple, U shape (gloss urethane finish)
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 7.25" radius
- Width at Nut: 1.650"
- No. of Frets: 21 vintage style
- Pickups: Three vintage style single-coil Strat pickups with Alnico 5 magnets
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (neck pickup), Tone 2 (middle pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-position blade (5-way switch included in kit)
- Bridge: Vintage-style Synchronized Tremolo
- Machine Heads: Fender Vintage "F"-Style tuning machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-ply white
- Unique features: Large headstock, '70s style decal, bullet truss rod adjustment nut
- 3-Bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt neck adjustment
- Strings: Fender Super Bullets 3250L, nickel-plated steel,
.009 to .042
- Accessories: Deluxe black hardshell case (orange interior), strap, cable, 5-position switch update kit