A Forgotten Fender with Semi-hollow Mojo!
A blast from the past, Fender's Modern Player Starcaster semi-hollowbody guitar revives one of Fender's more obscure (yet very cool) designs of the past. Back in the mid '70s, Fender introduced a guitar with a laminated maple body, solid alder center block, and a pair of humbucking pickups. Although many discarded the Starcaster as too un-Fender-like, a few up-and-coming guitarists saw it as the extremely dynamic and expressive instrument that it is. Pick up a Fender Modern Player Starcasters from Sweetwater, and you'll know why.
Fender Modern Player Starcaster Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Hollowbody resonance and vibe meets solidbody power and sustain
- Fender Wide Range humbucking pickups deliver sweet full-voiced tone
- An obscure semi-hollowbody with a stellar cast of star endorsements
Like the original mid-to-late-'70s models, this Fender Starcaster gets its extra mojo by combining the best of hollowbody style with solidbody punch and stability. Firmly rooted in a solid alder center block, the Adjusto-Matic bridge and anchored tailpiece provide sustain unavailable to hollowbody guitars. The laminated maple body, on the other hand, gives your Starcaster the depth of tone you'd only expect from a hollowbody. Together, these characteristics provide you with an incredibly wide range of tone we're sure you'll enjoy playing with.Fender Wide Range humbucking pickups deliver sweet full-voiced tone
With such open and complex harmonics generated by a its semi-hollowbody construction, Fender decided to outfit their Starcaster with a pair of their Wide Range humbuckers. By nature, these humbuckers have a gentle, wide-open sound that responds well to brighter overtones. They also break up into a satisfying growl when pushed hard. Is other words, your Starcaster can stay clean enough for jazz but you can pull enough texture out of it for rock or blues any day.An obscure semi-hollowbody with a stellar cast of star endorsements
To call the original Fender Starcaster an obscure instrument is something of an understatement. Lets put it this way, the original model is so rare that artists such Dave Keuning of The Killers, Scott McMicken of Dr. Dog, and Jamie Cook of Arctic Monkeys all scored some cool-guy points playing them. Heck, it's a tradition dating back to Trey Anastasio of Phish and Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead. Of course, these are all highly talented musicians who could have chosen to play any number of other guitars. From its comfortable offset waist to its classy bound f holes, this Fender Modern Player Starcaster will show you exactly what's to love about this amazing instrument.Fender Modern Player Starcaster Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Fender's original semi-hollowbody electric guitar reborn for a new generation of guitarists
- Laminated maple body with solid alder center block blends hollowbody resonance with solidbody sustain
- A pair of Fender Wide Range humbucking pickups deliver massive dynamic range and a wide-open sound
- Independent tone and volume controls for each pickup provides you with a full spectrum of sound
- Bound f holes and amp-style control knobs add a touch of vintage class