Compact Mixing Power with Built-in Lexicon Effects
A powerful combination for studio and stage, Soundcraft's Spirit Folio FX8 provides enough channels and direct outputs to enable 8-track recording systems. It features a specially designed effects processor offering 16 Lexicon Effects with dual effect capability (including Chorus and Reverb, Chorus and Delay , and Reverb and Delay) and fully editable and storable programs and parameters.
The 8 mic/line inputs are equipped with UltraMic preamp which provides a full 60dB of gain range and +22dBu of headroom, meaning that the FX8 input stage can handle virtually any mic or line device. In the EQ section, a "truly British 3-band EQ" with swept mid benefits from custom designed pots give greater control across carefully chosen frequencies. There are 2 Auxiliary Sends, including a dedicated Lexicon effects send, 1 pre-fade send and 1 pre/post-fader selectable send which is equally useful as an extra foldback send in monitor-heavy live applications, or as an effects send in studio mixdown situations. In addition, there are four Stereo inputs, a separate Mono Sum Output and 2 Subgroup Outputs.
100mm faders are used throughout, giving more accurate control during complex mixes than standard 60mm designs, and all pots have been custom designed to give even and consistent response around their entire sweep.
With its combination of live and recording-oriented features, plus all the usual benefits, the FX8 is ideal for both stage and studio use, and is particularly suitable for live recording.Features
- 8 mono mic/line inputs
- Maximum 16 inputs to mix
- Integral Lexicon effects unit with editable and storable programs and parameters
- Solo in place or PFL solo with dual effects capability
- 8 pre/post fader-switchable direct outs as standard
- 4 auxiliaries with aux masters and AFL monitoring
- 3 band EQ with swept mid-frequency
- Steep 18dB/octave high pass filter
- 4 stereo returns with level control
- 4 bus structure with two subgroup outs
- 100mm tapered faders
- Global +48V phantom supply
- 2 x 10 segment metering (tri-color)
- Desktop as standard
- External Lexicon mute switch via jack
- External power supply with 4-pin XLR
- Headphone jack