World-Class Education From Berklee Press!
The Songwriter's Workshop: Melody teaches the fundamental techniques behind today's hit songs, together with easy-to-follow exercises, so you can immediately apply these tools to your own art. Quit wrestling with writer's block, and learn to make the songwriting process easy, fun, and intuitive.
Jimmy Kachulis has trained thousands of songwriters, including Grammy-nominated artists; staff writers at Almo Irving, Sony, Warner Brothers, and EMI; independent songwriters, and many others. He currently teaches songwriting and lyric writing at Berklee College of Music and conducts songwriting clinics nationwide. Jimmy's songs have been broadcast internationally on shows including The Sopranos, Touched by an Angel, Jag, All My Children, The Young and the Restless, One Life to Live, and The Jamie Foxx Show.
The Songwriter's Workshop: Melody by Jimmy KachulisThe Songwriter's Workshop Will Help You to:
- Develop melodies that express the unique spirit of your lyrics
- Choose notes, rhythm, and section structures to effectively express lyric meaning
- Write memorable choruses and verses that work together as a complete song
- Follow examples and tips from professional songwriters
- Practice your songs with an accompaniment on the play-along CD, even if you can't play an instrument